1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
On Saturday, Congressman Matt Gaetz told Breitbart that the IRS spent approximately $700,000 “between March and June 1” purchasing ammunition.

from the cited source
?
IRS had stockpiled 4,600 guns and five million rounds of ammunition as of January 2019.
  • 3,151,500 Pistol and revolver rounds
  • 1,472,050 Rifle rounds
  • 367,750 Shotgun rounds
  • 56,000 Fully automatic firearm rounds
Article does not seem written by a knowledgeable person. In theory ammo meant for FA arms often has crimp/staked primers and maybe a more robust crimp on the projectiles.

5 millions rounds is a lot of ammo, but unlikely on its own to cause an ammo shortage. I may not like the IRS, but I am dubious of the article.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Here we go again with a fake IRS gun buying panic. I’m not a fan of big Gov as the next. But these articles are entirely false flags trying to drum up right wing panic or something more sinister.
I think I’ll write my own version.
NASA stocking up all the new 6.8mm for colonial expansion on Mars!
Sorry couldn’t resist!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Few years back wasn't it the postal service also??
During the crime spree of Bath House Barry his regime reportedly bought up a huge amount of ammunition along with several other agencies.

Reactions: panzerfaust44

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That could be garbled or politicized reporting on "contraband' seized from tax scofflaws. IOW, part of normal IRS ops.

Not only is the media not trustworthy, they are are also increasingly incompetent.

Or it really could be the tax-return auditors arming-up.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
It seems reasonable to imagine that NATO standard ammo is being bought up...or "secured" on a global basis. It's not so easy for me to believe that the IRS has a lot to do with it.

I'll bet the military capable drone market and also that of the light anti-tank, guided rocket is pretty "tight" right now, too...I wonder if the IRS is behind that?!?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Almost every government agency has a law enforcement division, generally called office of inspector general. They sometimes do general law enforcement work in the public (postal inspectors etc) or internal investigations. Thier agents are generally 1811s and armed.

Random government agencies buying guns a d ammunition is not anything new.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,734 Posts
Back in the 1970s my scout master was an armed IRS investigator. He carried a .25 Browning pocket pistol. I bet they're up to .32s by now!

·
Copper Bullet member
9,734 Posts
Nope...that was his carry gun.

Reactions: Dannyboy53

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
For the last 5-10 years all government agencies, like Social Security, DHS, etc., have been buying up ammo. For what purpose is anyone's guess. Can't be good though. But, I guess it doesn't matter. There is nothing we or anyone can (or will) do about it.
I assume it is involved with increased training. Agencies like social security are not likely to be making midnight raids against people that the us government does not like for example.
DHS maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Almost every government agency has a law enforcement division, generally called office of inspector general. They sometimes do general law enforcement work in the public (postal inspectors etc) or internal investigations. Thier agents are generally 1811s and armed.

Random government agencies buying guns a d ammunition is not anything new.
The USG will also combine purchases among fed law enforcement agencies to get better deals through a single contract vehicle. It’s not a big deal. Every federal agency and department has an LE arm. As a retired State Department Diplomatic Security Service special agent, I can tell you we went through a pile of ammo for training - way more and better training than the Army ever gave me with small arms. I am thankful for that because you’d be surprised how many federal civilians end up in dangerous places.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the last 5-10 years all government agencies, like Social Security, DHS, etc., have been buying up ammo. For what purpose is anyone's guess. Can't be good though. But, I guess it doesn't matter. There is nothing we or anyone can (or will) do about it.
Or Will. And that my friends is our primary primary. We on the so called Right are law followers nd quite honestly that is virtually why we always LOSE. And look where we find ourselves today friends - it is NOT at all good!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts