Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
3,472 Posts
This rifle is getting harder to find but some people must have more money then sense. A G24t going for over 3k??!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=277373681
Hi Warfire,
This isn't to surprising after seeing the Yugoslav M1924 with the Kar98k lower band sell for $2,614! I knew it was going to be an interesting week watching SReisel's auctions when the worn and battered Loewe 93 Spanish rifle brought $895 and a Dutch M95 long rifle with a broken stock made $460.

All his military rifles sold week, the 14 or 15 that I was following, sold for more than I expected. I was particulalry surprised by the $980 paid for a nice Type 38 Arisaka and the French m1889 Lebel, worn and reblued, that brought $665.
Regards,
John

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
What parts on a G24t should be numbered?
Bolt, barrel, receiver, and stock. Bands, ejector box, triggerguards, floorplates, etc are not numbered on every example I have ever seen.

This isn't to surprising after seeing the Yugoslav M1924 with the Kar98k lower band sell for $2,614!
That was actually a 100% legitimate example of a a known and very rare variation. . The rear band was e/B proofed indicating a Polizei rework. He sells a decent rifle every now and then, if only by accident.

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
Why would a DOU code rifle have a circle C Z floor plate?

Oh, and why everybody jumps on him, he's a FAKER
That was actually a 100% legitimate example of a a known and very rare variation. . The rear band was e/B proofed indicating a Polizei rework. He sells a decent rifle every now and then, if only by accident.

·
Copper Bullet Member
580 Posts
I wonder, because of his success, if he is taking on consignments. If you need to sell one of your lovelies, he could probably get the most money for it. I would not do that, but is it possible...?

Bern

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Bolt, barrel, receiver, and stock. Bands, ejector box, triggerguards, floorplates, etc are not numbered on every example I have ever seen.
I have 2 G24(t) rifles, both Dou 41, and neither has the extra serials seen on this one. The auction rifle, however, is a Dou 42 k block, a late one with a laminate stock. I suspect this rifle was made shortly before the change to K98k specs and was numbered in the German fashion. I might be wrong but I wouldn't call this rifle a fake just because sreisel sold it.

As for prices, they've really gone crazy in the last few months. Even the beater VZ24s that were $79 a few years ago are starting out ot $250 or even higher. Since the stock market and saving accounts are paying so poorly, all that cash has to go somewhere.

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
3,472 Posts

Hi RyanE,
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I knew that the Yugoslav M1924 was German issued for obvious reasons but was unaware of the police marking. Something to keep an eye out for!
Regards,
John

·
Registered
680 Posts
In my opinion, Eisel is not a faker, he just sells what he finds. The faking, though very frequent in his auctions, is never consistent. That being said, I have bought from him and he is very easy to deal with, I just find his descriptions very deceptive. His definition of matching is very lax.

·
Administrator
53,554 Posts
"I just find his descriptions very deceptive. His definition of matching is very lax." That IMO is a lack of honesty to begin with.

It looks to me that he should have the knowledge to know if they are fakes and instead just passes them on which in the long run to me shows he is a dishonest man.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've never bought from him and don't know if he takes consignments, but I sure do appreciate his ability to come up with rarer milsurps on a regular basis. He must really hit the shows, beat the bushes, and have a big network of contacts to come up with the volume of stuff he does.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I've never bought from him and don't know if he takes consignments, but I sure do appreciate his ability to come up with rarer milsurps on a regular basis. He must really hit the shows, beat the bushes, and have a big network of contacts to come up with the volume of stuff he does.
I have often wondered how he comes up with what he does, maybe slowly sellin off someones giant collection? You would really have to work hard to turn up the volume of unique rifles he does.

·
Gold Bullet member
276 Posts
If you have ever seen him at shows then you know how he comes up with all of his items, he hustles through shows. I know who he is, but don't know him. Last OGCA show, it took him at least 6 trips to haul everything he bought out. FWIW he has bought several bayonets from me, then sold on ebay, he didn't mess with any of them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.