Gunboards Forums banner

The Glock .45 G.A.P. is here to stay! (IMHO)

18K views 118 replies 22 participants last post by  Boris Bush 
Around 6 months after Glock released their new wunder round & the gun press had already ceased hyperventilating about what a revolutionary concept the gap is/was, I wandered into a gunshop on the other side of town. It was the first, last and only place I have actually seen a gap in real life. I asked how it was selling - "Not a single one" was the reply, even though it was heavily discounted by then. Same with ammo, I saw several boxes of genuine gap ammo - no buyers. None of the gunshops on my side of town would ever admit to ever having a GAP in stock & I'd never seen one, so my conclusion was that in a few years, all the hype will have worn off & it'll be just another relic - and so it is today. As for that tired, worn out beef about having wussy little hands & not being able to handle a real Glock 21 - I just gotta call BS on that one. I have tiny little girlie paws, and I've never had any problem with my 21's. Several folks at the range professed hand size deficit syndrome, and all had hands bigger than mine, and every one finally admitted that they just heard the hand tale from someone else. Upon actually trying it out, NONE had any problem whatsoever in handling the Glock 21, nor actually getting great accuracy from their first-ever shots fired from it. Some just didn't like Glocks, plastic, or anything not a 1911, but none had issue with holding on to one.

Over the decades, I've built more 1911's than Ic are to count. Every one was my favorite, until I sold it to go buy more frames & parts for the next batch. My best ever were made with the old forged and machined Caspian frames, and I had a steady supply of model 70 slides, mostly from CDNN. I pretty much gave it up, when Caspian dropped their forged frames in favor of the cast. Cast were more gee-whiz-looking, but the one I built just wouldn't shoot to my satisfaction. Maybe it was the frame, or maybe it's because I'm not a master 1911 mechanic, but I regret selling that last Old-style Caspian I built. It seemed so much like a sure thing to assemble, but just a little tweak or change in materials put me into 1911 retirement ... That, and also the fact that I discovered how much better I could score with an outta the box Glock 21, so further 1911 work on my part was pointless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.