Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a double, and i don't know how to delete the whole darned thang.

See it under "Democrats War Against Doctors and Patients".

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,430 Posts
Ann is a little over the top, though some of her points aren't without justice.

It isn't a lot easier to get into law school than Med school, though it only takes three years to finish law school, and then pass a (ratehr difficult) three or four day exam to get your ticket.

After that - well, Trial lawyers who do make good bucks work hard and have considerable skill. Different than a physicians, more like am op-ed columnist in a lot of ways. Me, i spent over thirty years practicing aw, but retired and resigned from the Bar so I'm not a lawyer any more. And never did do plaintiff-side work. Mostly criminal defense and family law, actually. But I know something about it - and Ann is over the top here. Even if she does have some points worth making.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
71,311 Posts
Actually the doctors brought it upon themselves. When you play like you are God, heaven help you if you make a mistake or if you have promised more than you could deliver.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Actually the doctors brought it upon themselves. When you play like you are God, heaven help you if you make a mistake or if you have promised more than you could deliver.

Not all doctors act like "House" or any of the other "I am not a doctor but I play one" set.

There are good doctors and better doctors.

I even met one or two with a sense of humility.

I agree that Mrs. Coulter is a little over the top but the points were all valid.

There is a reason why the profession is being taken over by non- U.S. born immigrants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts