Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BILLION Dollar Gun Ban http://www.thebangswitch.com/the-bi...m=rss&utm_campaign=the-billion-dollar-gun-ban
As if starting wars with Russia and China isn’t enough to keep the gun-grabber in chief busy, he’s once again pushing for American disarmament from his bully pulpit. Obama and his Department of Justice are lobbying Congress for over 1.1 BILLION dollars collectively to impose new gun bans and heavy handed restrictions. All this comes in the form of Obama’s most recent budget proposal, according to a recent FreeBeacon.com article.
Obama’s gun-grab initiative has been given the relatively benign name “Now is the Time”. Here are the details of what Obama seeks to foist on the American people.
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
5. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
6. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime
7. End the freeze on gun violence research
8. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors, better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
9. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly for young people.
Here’s a question I hope the GOP leadership seeks an answer to. Why would we spend over $1,000,000,000, which we don’t have, to return to a draconian law that brought with it a 19.3% increase in murders while it was in effect? Why would we expand on the already burdensome background check system that even Dianne Feinstein admits wouldn’t have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy from happening? Does he plan on borrowing the $1 BILLION from China to shred the 2nd Amendment? Oh, the irony.
I’m also curious, what does he mean by “finishing the job of getting armor piercing bullets off the streets?” I wasn’t aware any armor piercing bullets were on the streets. Could Obama be talking about future import bans such as the one his administration recently slapped on 7N6 ammo? Could he be talking about banning all rifle caliber pistols? Only he knows at this point, but it should turn the stomach of every freedom loving American.
Finally, if the safety of our children is so important to him — LET THE FACULTY AND STUDENTS EXERCISE THEIR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS ON CAMPUS. It’s been proven time and time again “gun free zones” are nothing more than safe hunting grounds for psychotic murderous predators. How many times must we make the same mistake before we learn this painful lesson? Obama’s grand solution to crime prevention is taking a proven bad idea and making it worse.
If there’s a silver lining to the Obama gun ban cloud, it’s that he continues to sell more guns than any other President in U.S. history.

*No sign that they will be letting up this year and that UN treaty is still looming as a threat

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
3,850 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
The reason they want it is they know that the more they implode onto the American people the more chance there will be of an insurrection, everywhere and all at once, more and more all the time especially if people are armed. I mean, look what happened in the Nevada desert with those protestors and the blm, and that is a scenario they don't like, I mean, they want to screw the citizenry over and not have any free thinking or movement or freedom of business and the only thing that can endanger that is folks feeling empowered by gun ownership, whether or not the citizenry would ever use guns anyway doesn't matter, its the feeling of helplessness when people are unarmed and unfamiliar with firearms is what is important to them, they want us all scared of our own shadow, I mean, scenario number one when people are supposed to finally be unfamiliar with guns, of any type, a true liberal dream,.... a group of jack boot thugs comes in and shoots up a crowd for protesting liberal injustice or arrests in the middle of the night and then a few people get it in their heads that it would be nice to fight back, but have never shot a gun before, I mean, they know the thugs a lot of times employ a barrett 50 sniper rifle, but mostly use what is called an m16 machine gun, pull a trigger and pull back a T shaped handle and such but they don't understand what those big box shaped things do underneath the firearm or where bullets are put in, or even how to shoot at targets, so any thoughts of "resistance" to tyranny goes into pretty much suicide mode ideas where the only idear is picking up a stick or a lug nut wrench and confronting tyranny and getting peppered with full auto fire about a second later from a bunch of heavily armed trained liberal killers who will kill for a lot of pay and benefits per year who feel justified in doing things they are ordered to cause they have a family, house and car payments and most of all sign oaths to follow currently lawful orders of their commanders either police or military, I mean, I remember what it meant to disobey a lawful order when I was in the military, it would mean court martial, imprisonment, and supposedly life long shame in your local community apart from disobeying a lawful order in wartime which could mean the death penalty.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The reason they want it is they know that the more they implode onto the American people the more chance there will be of an insurrection, everywhere and all at once, more and more all the time especially if people are armed. I mean, look what happened in the Nevada desert with those protestors and the blm, and that is a scenario they don't like, I mean, they want to screw the citizenry over and not have any free thinking or movement or freedom of business and the only thing that can endanger that is folks feeling empowered by gun ownership, whether or not the citizenry would ever use guns anyway doesn't matter, its the feeling of helplessness when people are unarmed and unfamiliar with firearms is what is important to them, they want us all scared of our own shadow, I mean, scenario number one,.... a group of jack boot thugs comes in and shoots up a crowd for protesting liberal injustice or arrests in the middle of the night and then a few people get it in their heads that it would be nice to fight back, but have never shot a gun before, I mean, they know the thugs a lot of times employ a barrett 50 sniper rifle, but mostly use what is called an m16 machine gun, pull a trigger and pull back a T shaped handle and such but they don't understand what those big box shaped things do underneath the firearm or where bullets are put in, or even how to shoot at targets, so any thoughts of "resistance" to tyranny goes into pretty much suicide mode ideas where the only idear is picking up a stick or a lug nut wrench and confronting tyranny and getting peppered with full auto fire about a second later from a bunch of heavily armed trained liberal killers who will kill for a lot of pay and benefits per year who feel justified in doing things they are ordered to cause they have a family, house and car payments and most of all sign oaths to follow currently lawful orders of their commanders either police or military, I mean, I remember what it meant to disobey a lawful order when I was in the military, it would mean court martial, imprisonment, and supposedly life long shame in your local community.
^This, they won't stop till they achieve their "utopian" gun free world where they are the only ones armed,

"This always confuses liberals, that conservatives like the military and don't like the bureaucracy. That's because the military has their guns pointed out and the bureaucracy has them pointed in"
Grover Norquist

·
Registered
20,871 Posts
NRA on top of this ? Any word from them? See a trend NRA don't take initiative
and mobilize a defense ? The NRA selects its battles and has an agenda.

I support NRA but its not doing what most folks think they are doing to defend 2nd Amendment.

NRA is a PITA to Congress and Obama: they get my money but Gun Owners of America is far more
aggressive in Congress

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,110 Posts
NRA on top of this ? Any word from them? See a trend NRA don't take initiative
and mobilize a defense ? The NRA selects its battles and has an agenda.

I support NRA but its not doing what most folks think they are doing to defend 2nd Amendment.

NRA is a PITA to Congress and Obama: they get my money but Gun Owners of America is far more
aggressive in Congress[
/QUOTE]

Maybe. But as best i can tell, that aggression has little impact on legislation.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,225 Posts
Doesn't the allocation of funds have to go through Congress first?

If it does, I don't see it going anywhere with a Republican House and this being an election year.

They will block it most likely. The big problem is so many bills have 100 plus provisions in them and they could bury this one in a bill which Republicans may vote for since 98% of the provisions are good for them. That is how politics works these days.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
And not once do you see it mentioned anywhere where Obama is taking any action on reducing crime! So typical. Lets simply legislate away every law abiding citizens rights, because that is the easy thing to do. I don't know how that guy can sleep at night....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.