Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
480 Posts
The 1943 M44 is a collectable year to have. I have read that there were a lower numbers of these built. There seems to be quite a few on the market right now so the price ranges from about $100 up to $300(auction site). So it's worth is what it is to you. I have one and perhaps in the future it will increase greatly in value. If not then I had better buy another one that "May increase greatly in value in the future" :)

Welcome to the Boards BTW.

jeff

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I bought this one with last years group buy offer from Rguns - It is in pretty good refurbed shape & was under a hundred bucks if i remember correctly. I would pay much much more if I found a SA 1943 M44 in original condition....:D

Pahtu.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,504 Posts
Bought 7 of them for $79 - $89 bucks a piece, plus tax. Traded one for a NEW, plus $50, sold two others for $120, or less. They are just another M44 to most around here. It seems any collector who knows what they are around here, also knows that they can be had for much less than the asking price of $120 or more.

What's it worth? Hard to say. What ever the buyer will pay, and/or what ever the seller will take.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,570 Posts
I've got a couple put away

They are down in price right now, because of the batch R Guns brought in, and sold for $99, and because Mosins are soft now due to the economy. But they are scarce rifles, and I think in the future they will climb in value. Just like everything else, Laminated stock 91/30s, original stocked M38s, a person should get them when the gettin's good, before the supply dries up. And it will!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome! The M44 sounds fun to shoot. They are fairly priced, and have a connection with history. Would you be willing to post some pictures?

Show me your M44 and I will show you my M38....:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tend to agree with Capnduane. Rifles are down in general right now, and the '43 M44's are available (albeit in limited numbers) at the moment. When they are out of stock, they will be gone and hard to find again. Don't let the lowball prices above fool you, check the auctions to find out what they had been going for before this. Most folks (me included) will not want to pay double what they paid 3 years ago for a rifle because supply dried up or other market factors. Buy what you can now, 2 or 3 years ago I would have bought one for twice what R-guns is asking now. Lucky I waited and got in on the group buy for them last year!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.