Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us experience the 'stuck case' syndrome when firing our Nagant revolvers. Rather than fiddle with the rod on the handgun, I took a trip to Home Depot and picked up a length of 5/16" dowel rod and some birchwood 1-1/2" cabinet drawer knobs. I drilled out the screw hole in the knob with a 5/16" bit 1/2" deep and used some super glue to hold the rod (8-3/4" long) in place after tapping it in. Works great, costs little and I thought I'd share the info.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,088 Posts
Good idea. Not only is it effective, it also places less stress on the original ejector and ejector retaining spring which could be damaged from too much pounding to remove stuck cases. I will have to make one and take it to the range the next time I go out to shoot military Nagant ammo. Thank you for sharing your invention.

·
Oak Leaves with Clusters Member
3,486 Posts
I may try that, especially if surplus gets cheap. Meanwhile I will be shooting my 1250 fps black powder Nagant. I shot 50 rounds this past week at the range and removed almost all of the cases by poking the nose of the case with my finger. They just fall out. It was getting fouled a bit with the BP toward the end so I used the rod on 2 or 3.

The dowel will work great for those too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FWIW there were at least three other 'styles' of that wood drawer knob at my Home Depot - I just chose the one that was the largest surface and most wood to drill into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts