Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats me with the 60 during my all exspense paid vacation to the Middle East. ;)

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Some nice photos above. This goes back a few years abt Jan 1969 somewhere along the Mekong River across the pond the other way. Me with a 60 also.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Hey river raider. Is that a C-rat can attached to the receiver to prevent belt binding?

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Hey river raider. Is that a C-rat can attached to the receiver to prevent belt binding?
nothernug---You are correct on the C-rat can. It was either a B2 or B3 unit used for that reason. As I remember it helped to keep the belt more in line and aided in feeding the 60. Funny thing was that everybody wanted to shoot the 50s or the M79s. They thought it was to hard and complex to keep clean.When I wasn't operating the boat I put the 60 in a sling hung from a cable on the catwalk found it easier to operate in that fashion also linked as many belts as I could and put them in a minigun ammo can.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember nobody wanted to carry the 60, it's too heavy. So I would take it. Bigger round, harder hitting than the 16 and I had at least one other person carring ammo for me! Besides it was only 23 lbs. and it was flat over there. I didn't have to climb a mountain with it. Everyone wanted the SAW M249 though because it was a few lbs lighter and fired faster.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I carried a SAW in Bosnia. Nice weapon, but relatively heavy. Not a big fan of the magwell...always seemed to dig into me somewhere, and also collected dirt. Also didn't like the plastic 200 round boxes...the 100 round "nut-sacks" were much more convenient. Then again we were not in combat. I also qualified on the M240, and I gotta tell you, it is a sweetheart...I liked it much better than the old '60's.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Great job all of you, thanks and welcome home.

Poot

·
Gold Bullet member
550 Posts
Thanks for the pics !!!

regards....roger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts