Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rifle butt in the laughing gear!

Then stamp on his balls.

Or you could always just take the bayonette off the other bloke's rifle.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nice shots, thanks for posting. Good to see soldiers dressed for the occasion! Wear what ya gotta wear for the conditions!

Oh yeah, does your sig line refer to a Dad's Army episode? That quote could come from anywhere, but I recall a funny episode of Dad's Army where it was used.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love Dad's Army

Yes JollyGreenSlugg,
From one of my favourite Dad's Army episodes - The Deadly Attachment. Many great quotes from that epidode.

Pike-
(to U-boat Captain)
Whistle while you work
Hitler is a twerp
He's half barmy so's his army
Whistle while you work

U-Boat Captain
Your name also will go on ze list! Vot is it?!

Captain Mainwaring
Don't tell him, Pike!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used to listen to some Dad's Army radio shows awhile back. They are absolutely hilarious shows. Does anybody know if you can still get those anywhere?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get them from the ABC shop in Australia... or, I assume, BBC in Britain. Not on tape anymore. I have some I could copy for you if you would like it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
with the pictures what was the capton for them as i was thinking that the top one is from the western desert and that he is member of LRDG or a assualt poinner sgt as it tradation for them to have a bread.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks Korg, I thought so! I remember that episode very well, even though it'd be twenty something years since I've seen it. That was the one where the Lewis gun was fired into the ceiling, wasn't it?

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thanks Korg, I thought so! I remember that episode very well, even though it'd be twenty something years since I've seen it. That was the one where the Lewis gun was fired into the ceiling, wasn't it?

Cheers,
Matt
Gday Matt,
That certainly was the episode you're talking about. Watched it some weeks ago on VHS whilst on night shift...............I mean, um, no I didn't..............I was remaining alert and vigilant!?!?!?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the one. Jones goes off with the Lewis gun. From the audience's reaction they didn't seem prepared for the noise. I love how self-congratulatory Jones was afterwards "Didn't I do well, Capt. Mainwaring?"

I was able to get the entire series on DVD over the last year. My dad brought me up on a diet of MASH, Dad's Army, It ain't half hot mum, The Dam Busters, 633 Squadron, The Guns of Navarone, The Great Escape and many other war movies. Plus a healthy dose of Dave Allen, The Two Ronnies and Benny Hill.

Matthew

·
Registered
901 Posts
I was able to get the entire series on DVD over the last year. My dad brought me up on a diet of MASH, Dad's Army, It ain't half hot mum, The Dam Busters, 633 Squadron, The Guns of Navarone, The Great Escape and many other war movies. Plus a healthy dose of Dave Allen, The Two Ronnies and Benny Hill.

Matthew
For Aussie interest, I've seen lots of interesting DVDs at Big W for eight bucks each. Many genres, including war movies. I recently picked up Midway, 633 Squadron, Memphis Belle, Dam Busters, Kelly's Heroes and a few others. Worth the spare change.

Cheers,
Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts