Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So much for the first Amendment. Look, I don't go around using rascist names, but wasn't it the left who used to go around quoting Voltaire on free-speech?

I mean big-fvcking-deal if the guy expressed his displeasure in that manner.

America has become a nation of such wimps. "Oh dear, he called him a name. Let's ban him!".

I hope this team loses every game for the next 20 years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horns say dismissal was emotional and appropriate[Texas player dismissed over Obama slur]
AP ^ | 10 Nov 2008 | AP

Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 3:52:04 PM by BGHater

A Texas Longhorns team leader Monday praised the way coaches handled the dismissal of a player who posted a racial slur on his Facebook page about President-elect Barack Obama.

Backup center Buck Burnette left No. 4 Texas on Wednesday for what was announced as an unspecified violation of team rules. Burnette, a sophomore, played in seven games this season.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Burnette apologized and said he made a “terrible decision” to post a text message he received about Obama’s victory that contained a racial slur.

Senior defensive end Brian Orakpo said he considered the dismissal “appropriate.”

“I thought the coaches did a good job on handling the situation,” Orakpo said. “My prayers are for him, but we’ve got to move on. Guys got to make better decisions for their future.”

Orakpo said players should know their personal Web pages such as MySpace and Facebook can be sources of controversy.

“With the way the media and the Internet is evolving, everything you say can get you in trouble,” Orakpo said.

Quarterback Colt McCoy, who counted Burnette among his good friends on the team, said it was an emotional decision for the coaches.

“I don’t really want to talk about it that much but I feel super sorry for him and I think the team does, too,” McCoy said. “I just told him to keep his head up. Things will blow over, things will get better. That’s a situation that’s tough.”

Coach Mack Brown said his players are told to be careful about what they post on personal Web pages. Brown would prefer his players didn’t have personal Web pages, but says he can’t ban them.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,220 Posts
Oh, if Mack REALLY wanted to ban personal pages for his players - he could. Just make a team rule of "No Facebook pages" and that's it. Sort of like "Nothing embarrassing to me" and that's it.

Probably a civil rights violation here if somebody wanted to push it - except the basis for the violation was something unpopular so probably not able to find a lawyer who'd take it.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
40,914 Posts
Black running backs can rob a bank and keep their scholarships.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Tell me, do blacks use the N word? (And I only do not spell it out in deference to the board).

They do. Sorry, you cannot have a word that is ok for one segment of the population to use but not the other. As long as it is in their lexicon, it should be in mine.

Besides, I can equate the difference between an N and a black person, just as I can equate the difference between white trash scum and a white person.

If we allow them to demonize anyone who uses A FRICKIN' WORD, we might as well call it quits....

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
Nagger PLEASE!!!!!.........

I agree with pzjgr....."If we allow them to demonize anyone who uses A FRICKIN' WORD, we might as well call it quits...."

So we are not allowed to use a particular word....and we cannot tie a piece of rope into a Noose......and this is a FREE country you say????......NOT!!!!!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
40,914 Posts
panzer, classic arguement. I agree. Funny thing is, we invented the word, and now we can't use it.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Saying that blacks can use the "N" word but whites can't-no different that saying woman have the right to "reproductive freedom" but men don't.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
40,914 Posts
Going to go out on a limb and guess that since this kid was a backup center, AND called Obama a nagger, I bet he's white. The college throws the book at him to make an example about racism. Black point-guard at Iowa University raped a woman a few years back, and got to play until a court finally found him guilty. No suspension by the school, no statement, no nothing. Says alot.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
It's all a means of PC oppression. One group of people can constantly refer to themselves as, and insult each other with, the forbidden "n word" but no one else can use the word because why? Does every ethnicity get to pick one word that no one else can use? What about people of multiple ethnicities? How is it that Jesse Jackson can refer to his constituents as "*******" on a hot mike and he doesn't get called on it and it is swept under the rug?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/deadlineusa/2008/jul/17/newonethefullforceofjess

What ethnic group of people have their own banned word? Is it because slavery in the US was worse than anything else any ethnic group anywhere ever experienced? Would Black Americans wish to turn back the clock so they never made it here? Thus, they could be in Africa where peace, prosperity, kindness, bountiful harvests, equal opportunity, and love for all abounds?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
all in all as far as slavery goes. the african ***** had it pretty good compared to some. a slave represented an investment of money and it was in the owners interest to keep him healthy. compare that to the way the egyptians treated their slaves.

don't misunderstand, i am against slavery. but many peoples have experienced far worse than the american ***** slave. jews and indians just to name a couple. yet you would think that ****** were the most violated people of all time to hear the apologist tell it.

·
fuzzy little man peach
8,981 Posts
I know it is completely unrelated. But I just thought about the part in Clerks II when Randall says he's going to take back the term "************."

Guess that's just me being a racist cracker.

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
The dems have always been mean and nasty. Name calling is normally part of their tactics when things don't go their way. I have always felt that we were above that. Take the example set by President Bush and the welcoming he set out for the obamas. President Bush also incouraged his staff to extend a helping hand and help the obama team transition into the white house. I have little respect for the dems and their tactics but I am proud of the President's demeanor even in the face of defeat in the election polls. The dems are their own worst enemies and we don't have to sink down to their level. Football players are in the public eye even if they are in college and they should conduct themselves accordingly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts