Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are some things Gov. Perry and I don't see eye to eye on. But I do have to say "nice shooting." The guff this guy took on the state newspapers' online forums was incredible. All the way from the usual crap about killing a coyote to why was he carrying while jogging. Then they all complained the take-out was with a Ruger .380 with JHPs and a laser sight (He was carrying because he is afraid of snakes). Well, he is the GOVERNOR of a state with no police protection while jogging. 'Nuff said. The ammo was purely for self-protection from two-legged predators? And he is a CHL holder. And people get attacked while jogging and biking all the time. Happened to an acquaintance of mine in FL and he left behind a wife and two young kids.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,494 Posts
I think Rick has state troopers around. even while jogging. I further think they tend to stay back enough that it isn't that obvious, and are focused on possible human threats. I suspect he carries because he can and wants to - and a coyote that doesn't run off first thing when it encounters a yap-yap with a human in company needs to b put down. There is something wrong with it, either physically or mentally.

Laser-sighted 380 is a perfectly valid choice for Rick's purposes I think. Id probably pack something else, but that is one of those persoanl things. And - while Rick P. grates on me to the point that I may pull the lever for a Dim and one from Houston at that come November, he does have the right attitude about firearms.

·
Gold bullet with Oak Clusters member
15,894 Posts
Hollow pointed. "pointed"? hmm, theres coyotes and theres coyotes. one would like to think he would treat them both the same. any way good for him. protecting his Dog is a noble thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts