Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mags that came with my PSL are both spotty operators. Kind of discouraging as the mags that came with my first PSL weren't all that great either. So I ordered 6 mags from Apex to see if my luck would change. 5 of the mags worked perfectly. The sixth wouldn't lock in place. I just finished correcting that problem with a file so I will have to test it when I get another chance to go to the range. I was shooting Czech light ball.

The rifle itself continues to impress me. When my fist PSL failed prematurely, I was a bit skeptical about the second one. This one has performed well. Accuracy is also pretty good. I like to shoot at clays rather than punch holes in paper after I get a rifle sighted in. After the clays break I go after the shards. No problems hitting them either. Only real problem today was with the gas tube. I It appears that I did not clean it good enough after my last range session. A bit of corrosion built up and needed to be worked out of the system. I paid extra attention to that area when I cleaned it today. I just may order a few more mags from them.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
I like the 6 mags I got, too. They were a good deal, although I think APEX is a ripoff on their shipping. You may as well order a lot at once. Walmart has a brush I found that is wire with plastic bristles about 1" around by 16" long with a handle on one end that works great on gastubes and cleans all the nooks and crannies. I have gotten into the habit of cleaning my PSL and Tantal every couple days after initially cleaning really well after the range. At least once because that 5.45 is more corrosive than battery acid.

·
Gold Bullet member
785 Posts
Andy, I'll have to try that Wal-Mart brush for the ol gas tubes. What department did you find it in? The shotgun wire brush I'm using is looking pretty worn out. I also run a patch moistened with diluted Windex through gas tube, followed by a dry patch, finshing with a lightly oiled patch coated with CLP or WD40. I run a clean dry patch through the tube before each range session to remove the oil. A little extra work, but cleaning with just Windex and wire brush allowed corrosion to form in gas tube. Locked piston in place and had to tap the charging handle with a wood block to free the action. As far as mags for my PSL, I basically only use one...load three rounds in that...lol Keeps barrel from getting too hot and stringing shots vertically and saves ammo to boot. I've got a four pack w/pouch I got awhile back from CFS. Cleaned the mags, ran some rounds through for function check and I haven't used them since. Nice for collecting purposes I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts