Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this revolver as an original matching 1944. I could see from the seller's photos that the hammer bore a hammer in circle marking which the seller believed was used in production. Better researched individuals informed me that the hammer was likely a field repair as it is a common part for failure. That makes sense to me.

I just want to see if I'm seeing things or not. It looks to me like the trigger guard has both the hammer in circle marking at the rear of it as well as the star which is below the side plate at the top. The side plate also seems to have a hammer at the very top of it above the serial number. Are these just unrelated but similar in appearance?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
The hammer is a field replacement - the mark with the circled hammer was terminated in 1928. The other marks are unrelated. I don't see any refurb marks and the cylinder looks original. Nice '44
Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.