Gunboards Forums banner

Tea Party?

4K views 69 replies 25 participants last post by  49204 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Do that and you can expect various leo's/secret service to show up at your door and take you in under the Patriot Act.:rolleyes:

#11 ·
Yea, be careful that they don't break open. Some friends of mine did that a while back and got a visit from the FBI. When they explained, the FBI agents just laughed and said "ok" then left.

#4 ·
Do you really think the authorities need a return address to find out who sent mail ? Are you a retard ? Do you think the unabomber sent his packages out with return address' ?:rolleyes:

#14 ·
Isn't it sad how we are afraid even to send a tea bag? I see both side of this argument, and it is very sad.
I'm going to put my return address.

Criminy, people! If we're too timid to send our alleged "servants" a simple harmless tea bag, why should they worry that we'd fight back if they came for our guns?

Baghdad, Iraq under the tyrant Saddam Hussein had two dozen gun stores. That's two dozen more than Washington, D.C.

It is not the guns themselves the tyrant (or aspiring tyrant) fears, but the spirit of the men who possess them.

#7 ·
Trace an envelop addressed with a label printed on an inkjet or laser printer, with no return address (or the return address of - say - MoveOn.org), handled with cotton gloves over rubber gloves and the flap wetted with a sponge, self-stick stamps and dropped in a box in the next town over?

Forget it - even if they wanted to try....

You'll note they NEVER traced any of the envelopes from the anthrax mailings. Nor any of the Unabomber's - they nailed him when the cops published his maunderings (lesson here - DON'T send a manifesto) and his brother blew the whistle after recognizing them.

#9 ·
sorry guys, this whole "tea bagging" thing has me laughing. this term somewhere along the line has lost it original meaning. I can hear Beavis and Butthead snickering in my mind. "whoa...he said "tea bag!" "heeehh..heeehhh...i'd tea bag the Secretary of State!" (Beevis)

#21 ·
Everything is a lot easier for someone else to do ! To get the million man march
you combine causes with other groups that share the basic same goals and form a
coalition . I'm at TA in jacksonville tonight and don't think you'll find a driver here happy with ways things are . They tax and fee us to no end and lots on guns too .
The thing that sepearted the left from the right
is they said :
Yes we can
and
we are still saying :
NO we can't
WHY ?? WHY ??
mcgoo

#30 ·
Mcgoo,

I like it. This can be done. Look, we need to find out what we agree on, not what seperates us. PM me, I also recommend BBQ Sam, get him involved. I don't mean to volunteer someone, but he's got alot of good ideas if you have read his posts. I've got sales and marketing experience. This could work.

#32 ·
I will say this , IF a march/protest could be arranged , It WOULD certainly shut down the entire country for a few days. Thing is , you would have to assemble nearly every one of the 48% that voted conservative in november . With proper planning & getting the T.V , radio , & internet "personalities" to help back it , we could carpool/bus/mass transit our way there AND pay the lower wage owners for their time missed from work . It just MIGHT be possible . Of course the planning would take months. That many people assembled would fill land clear inland to the ohio valley . With everyone shining a flashlight into space at midnight & photographed from space for proof that we , the working portion of America CAN Unite And we ARE a force to be reckoned with . We will no longer be the mule pulling the plow ! Yes , We Can !

Logistics will be a nightmare , but luckily , we have the best and the brightest on our team .

Yes , We Can !

#38 ·
Thanks guys, I'm starting to feel really motivated. It can be done. We don't need 600 porta poddies or entertainment. We are smart enough to ensure we have enough food for ourselves and loved ones. We know how to clean up after ourselves. Heck, we can even bring friends that live by us with and carpool. It really isn't that hard. Sure, getting off of work can be tough. But if given enough notice......

We should figure out WHAT we agree on. From there we can figure out a plan. Let's not focus on seven or eight items, let's agree just on one and build from there, one day at a time, one idea at a time.

My nephiew just attended the right to life march in DC. He got there on his own. He's thirteen....let's stop griping. We just need someone to lead. I admit, I'm not good at that, there are better minds here for that than me.

Be positive.

Green tea or black?

#39 ·
1st issue would be finding a "figurehead" to be a spokesman . A sarah palin type of go getter . Then e-mailing , calling to get them on board . Anyone know nugent ?

Then e-mail,call the rush limbaughs to start the rumor mills going .

Then FoxNews and so-on .

Blog about it , tell all your friends about it , e-mail it to everyone on your contacts page and so on .

Get one of the talking heads , like sean hannity or limbaugh to start a bank fund . Everyone donates one dollar to it to help pay for transportation, time off work and so-on.

Get the employers involved as well . It would be in their own best interest to shut down , or run a limited crew for a few days . I know I would & will ! What is three days vs. the rest of our lives .

It will organize itself once it is started . And Yes , I agree it could be done in 6 months !

Start with a few of these suggestions & let it grow from there .

Also , Lets fight a fire with a fire . A simple slogan got a dem in the white house . So lets steal it & modify it using proper punctuation .

Yes , We Can !

#40 ·
Let's select a leader ?? start a thread for nominations and and put say the top 4 or 5
up on a poll to selct winner

secondly establish goals that would like to be reached and it would need to include more than just the second ammendment . Plus it would reach out to bigger group .

Third plan needed finnacing and logistics this when it would be time for all the talkers to anty up .

My thougthts on a leader nomination would run along the lines of bbq sam , stien or clyde
just thinking real quick .
mcgoo

#42 ·
count me in for a financial donation. I'd attend the bash in D.C., but I'm sure a leave request to my higher would get shot down in a heart beat. Leave request require that you put down where youre going while on leave. If the command element was up on current news events and what was getting ready to go down they'd put 2+2 together REAL fast and tell me to go pound sand. I've already made a name for myself in the district for being a squeaky wheel on more than one occasion. I'm THAT guy.

#43 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I think its going to be a lot longer term than mailing teabags or a couple of demonstrations.

Probably it'll be years before the public gets really PO'd at Obama's wacko social initiatives, curtailment of individual freedom, tax increases and most of all the collapse of his economic programs.
I almost forgot Afghanistan, which has, with pakistan, the potential of becoming an unwinnable and very long quagmire on its own.

Monday, January 26, 2009
Washington Times
LAMBRO: Why the stimulus won't work now
COMMENTARY:

It will take a lot longer than almost anyone thinks for the Obama administration to get the $825 billion stimulus money into the economy. Don't believe me? Read the Congressional Budget Office's recent analysis of the Democrats' plan.

President Obama has said he intends to give the economy "a jolt" by quickly injecting stimulus funds into the nation's economic arteries in the hopes of creating more than 3 million jobs. But according to the nonpartisan CBO, which crunches budget numbers for Congress, only a small fraction of the proposed $274 billion in infrastructure spending to jump-start the economy will be spent by the end of this fiscal year and the rest won't be disbursed until 2010 or later.

I've written in previous columns that the critical flaw in pump-priming spending programs is the length of time it takes to get money through the bureaucracy and into the pipelines at the state and local levels - often after the recession is over. But the outlook seems grimmer than that.

Among CBO's findings:

- Only about $26 billion, or 9 percent of the infrastructure stimulus, will be spent by Sept. 30, the end of fiscal 2009.

- Less than half of the $30 billion in highway-construction money will be circulated over the next four years.

- Incredibly, CBO says only about $4 billion in highway-construction funds will get into the economy by September 2010.

- Mr. Obama talks about creating thousands of "green" jobs by pumping billions into biofuel, solar, wind and other technology. But most of those jobs won't be seen for many years. Only about $1 in $7 of the stimulus plan's $18.5 billion investment in renewable-energy resources and energy-efficiency programs will be spent by 2010, according to the CBO.

Its findings reaffirm Obama economic adviser Jason Furman's warning last year that infrastructure spending is one of the "less-effective options" for boosting jobs and economic growth. In an economic paper evaluating all the ways to end the recession, Mr. Furman doubted any infrastructure spending "would generate significant short-term stimulus," because all too often the money is not spent "until after the economy has recovered."

Mr. Obama's advisers acknowledge it will take a long time to get the money working on job-producing projects, but they say most economists believe this recession will last a lot longer than past downturns. In fact, many economists now estimate the recession will be coming out of its slump sometime near the end of the year.

But this is only part of the story in this huge public-works boondoggle that experience tells us cannot and will not get the economy growing again. Here's where much of the money is going:

(1) Government-run programs at the federal, state and local level. This stimulus bill will pour billions into 150 different federal programs, from the money-losing Amtrak rail service to the Transportation Security Administration.

(2) The Pell Grants get $15.6 billion, to increase each student grant by $500, though the added money ends in two years. This may be a worthy thing to do, but it's not going to create any new jobs.

(3) Another $54 billion will go to 19 programs that the Office of Management and Budget has rated as "ineffective" or "results not demonstrated."

(4) Much of the money will go to federal programs that still have unspent funding in their accounts. For instance, the bill will pump another $2 billion into the Army Corps of Engineers' water-construction program that still has $1.5 billion in unobligated funds.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development's homeless-assistance program would get $1.5 billion despite an unobligated balance of $1.5 billion.

The General Services Administration has $3.3 billion of unspent funds, but GSA would get another $7.7 billion from the stimulus package.

(5) Billions will be dished out under this so-called stimulus bill mostly to protect or create government jobs - including money to renovate federal buildings, and $600 million for the government to buy brand-new cars and vans.

Overall, the stimulus would spend $16.4 billion on federal agencies that, among other things, will buy new computers, new office furniture for the Public Health Service, and add $50 million to the National Endowment for the Arts budget.

The money is being spread around like a slush fund, going out to every nook and cranny of the federal bureaucracy. This will not create a single new job, let alone stimulate the economy. Everyone from the Bureau of Indian Affairs to the Smithsonian Institution will get a piece of the action.

As for the plan's "making work pay" tax credit that will lower withholding taxes for low- to middle-class workers, it is estimated this would add $10 to $20 per paycheck for those below the median income level. That's far from the much-hyped economic "jolt" that Mr. Obama is promising beleaguered taxpayers.

Donald Lambro, chief political correspondent of The Washington Times, is a nationally syndicated columnist.

#50 ·
A lot of participants in past marches on Washington D.C. don't have to travel far, due to at least 60% of D.C. being black as of the year 2000.

Lots of public transportation to D.C. from large population centers due to all the commuting that has to take place.

It'd be interesting to see how many people actually travel to some of the "Marches on D.C." much farther than taking a commuter train or local bus.

#53 ·
Well , Seriously then . Go to every site on the net & start spreading the word , Get the "rumor mills " cranking . March on Washington On july 26th .

Start Emailing the News channel's , the talk radio folk's , the magazines . Spread the word . Invite everyone on every site on the internet .

A march for conservative values & the Constitution .

I seem to remember an old story about a couple men meeting in a tavern & a few years later they had a New Country . Yes , We Can bring our country back !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.