Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Hawken barrel and the holes for the rear sight are only 1 inch apart. The holes on my sight are 1.5 inches apart. Could someone tell me why the holes on the barrel I just bought are different distance apart.

The sight is from a Hawken and the barrel says Thompson Center Hawken on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

bigdog

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a used Hawken barrel and the holes for the rear sight are only 1 inch apart. The holes on my sight are 1.5 inches apart. Could someone tell me why the holes on the barrel I just bought are different distance apart.

The sight is from a Hawken and the barrel says Thompson Center Hawken on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

bigdog
Welcome to the world of T/C. They changed the pattern of the screw holes for the Hawken :angry:. The original was something like 13/16" and the new are .836" between the holes. I ran into the same problem ordering a set. Dixie Gun Works showed that it fit the T/C Hawken - no mention of the screw hole change. My serial number is 49000, so it is one of the earlier guns. I'll either just get a Green Mountain barrel to shoot round ball in (I have a CVA Electra for the conicals) or buy a decent used barrel off of Ebay and have it tapped to where the second screw needs to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.