Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a touch/feel/fondle session with a couple Taurus revolvers. The first was an 8-shot blued 357 and the second a stainless 357 six-shooter, both with 6+ inch barrels.

My takeaway was that the single action trigger pulls were way too light, somewhere in the 2# range and lacking crispness when letting off. The double action pulls were smooth, but also felt very light in comparison to my S&W 38, to the point I'd almost be leery of light primer strikes.

Anyone care to chime in with experiences/opinions? I'm in the market for a long-barreled 357 and while the prices are very good on these two pieces I'd just as soon stay with a well-loved S&W.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wayull, that's why I was asking for opinions and/or comments. My main beef is the light pull weight and was wondering if that was typical of the breed. Apparently it is, and I thank you for the confirmation.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ummm.............wow. Didn't mean to kick over a hornet's nest guys, just wanted a little info. And just for the record, I used to own a Ruger Blackhawk and loved it. We only parted ways cuz I needed some quick cash (got 300 for it back when money was worth something).

In the meantime, I'll keep shopping. Thanks for the recommends on the Rugers, if I find one I like & the price is right I may just go that way instead of another Smith. For you Taurus guys, thankyou also for the input. Like I said, my only whinge was the light trigger pulls. I'm more worried about touching one off when I don't mean to because of the super light SA pull on them than I am anything else in regards to the raging bulls.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mr. D., thank you for your perspicacity, but you're wrong. At the risk of starting yet another "spirited" discussion, I do have another query.

Is there a way or ways that Taurus wheelguns may be modified to fix what what I find to be an issue, ie, the light trigger pull? Are there spring kits or something I can do to bring the action more into line with what I have shot/trained on for most of my life?

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Dear Mr. Moderator,

I formally request this entire thread go to the round file due to the amount of acrimony it has generated.

Regards,

Race M.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Stan, yes I did read your reply to my second question. My apologies for not thanking you for the reply. I took off from this thread because I thought the flames were getting a bit much and I refuse to participate in such things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.