Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
I picked up two Taurus revolvers in the last couple of years. Both are in 41 Magnum. The first is a 415, 5 shot, 2 1/2" ported barrel with NON-adjustable sights. Works well as a CCW piece with home grown 41 Special loads. The second is a 425, 5 shot, 4" ported barrel with adjustable sights, I use it for a couple of purposes. As an Open Carry gun with 41 Special loads and as a on my person carry while hunting with some 300 grain hunting loads as a backup for my Ruger Redhawk (Blued, 41 Magnum, 7" barrel with Firesights and Pachmyar grips) which rides in a holster on my tank bags on my quad. About a thousand rounds thru each gun and no issues to date.

· Registered
565 Posts
No such thing as too many GP's or Sixes!

Lots of people who have Tauri are like "3,000 rounds and no problems" but with a Ruger you don't have to keep a round count. I got a good price on a really well used GP100 and the guy I bought it from, when I asked about how many rounds has it seen, he said he handloads lots of .357 and that GP was his test gun for new loads and he "lost count somewhere in the 20,000s"
Only a fool doesn't keep a round count on any gun regardless of manufacture. You gun manufacture snobs really miss a lot of neat, fun guns because if it ain't a certain brand and cost more money, you won't even consider it.

· Registered
565 Posts
bear, thanks for the insult. if i wanted a harley, which i have, i would'nt buy a honda that tried to look like one. never met a smith and wesson i did'nt like, have met a couple of taurus copycats i did'nt care fpr, especially since they were nearly as expensive as what they were copying. to each his own, RaceM asked for opinions, and got them. i think he knew the answer before asking, though.
I rest my case. Don't let the facts sway you, it is obvious you have already made up you mind.

FYI, I own, in no particular order, Colt, S&W, Remington, Ruger, H&K, Detonics, Thompson Contender, Savage, Charter Arms, Springfield Armory, H&R, Marlin, Winchester, American Arms, Mauser, Mossberg, Norinco, Excam, EAA, Taurus, Stevens, High Standard, New England Firearms, Arsenal, Chipmunk, US Springfield Armory (US Military), Baikal, Beretta, Steyr, Rossi and Davis Industries. The all have a place in my collection and are fun in their own way.

· Registered
565 Posts
bear, i'm happy for you...... but it looks like you need a glock, you may not know what you're missing.:)
You couldn't give me one of those unsafe POS'. I've shot most of the models and still wouldn't bother with the unsafe European junk.

· Registered
565 Posts
You guys are all aware that not only were S&W and Taurus owned by the same parent company at one time, but almost all of the Taurus revolvers are license built S&W guns, AKA exact copies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.