Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,149 Posts
My wife has and uses the old model 66 Taurus. The first version they made of that model in blue and six shot. The trigger pull has been since day one very smooth and light in both single and double action. The single is VERY light, target shooter quality light and smooth. In probably 25 years, it has yet to ever not fire when the trigger is pulled on any ammunition we hve fed it. That includes all manner of domestic brands including Blazers and even some foreign stuff.

Cannot speak on the newer models however.

One observation however, if you would rather stay with a well loved S&W, why not do so? I have the feeling you have already made up your mind and just are not admitting it yet. Pass on the Taurii if that is the case, you wimply wont be satisfied until you get the S&W if that is what you secretly want.

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Come on, why hijack the post with all this garbage. The man did not ask if Taurus were quality revolvers, the man did not ask for a review of Taurus revolvers, the man did not ask for a comparision between Taurus and Smith and Wesson, or even what other revolvers IE Ruger , Colt, or anything else might work.

The man asked if Taurus Revolvers were known for light actions/trigger pulls and if they affect reliablity.

Then he asked if he should stick with S&W perhaps. Thats all, it was a pretty simple thread until everyone took the opportunity to get up and preach about everything else.

Bet he wont be asking any more questions any time soon.

· Registered
1,149 Posts
In the early 70s Bangor Punta owned both S$W and Taurus. Taurus was sold off sometime in the late 70s or early 80s and then Bango Punta was bought out along with S&W.

S&W and Taurus no longer, to my knowledge, have any ties whatsoever. Their early handguns were very close, not exact but close. I had a Model 19 and Taurus 66 both from that time period at the same time, VERY close but not exact.

· Registered
1,149 Posts
An interesting side note on Taurus revolvers. The first model 66s had a slight issue with flame cutting from the forcing cone to the underside of the top strap of the revolver. It cut very slightly in and then stopped after making a slight mark, but noticible mark. This was common with them and was even noted in the Gun Tests magazine I read about them after buying it. It caused no issues, nor has it in over 20 years of use.

· Registered
1,149 Posts
And to answer themans second question which no one bothered doing. Wolff springs sells springs for all types of handguns. I would imagine they have heavier springs for the Tuarus revolvers. As to if it would solve the issue I might be inclined to talk to a Wolff customer service rep and find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.