Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,658 Posts
actually no they didn't. They threw the gun grabbers a bone with no teeth in it.

Molly Snyder, a Target spokeswoman, said the retailer will not post signs at its stores asking people not to bring guns inside. “It is not a ban,” she said. “There is no prohibition.”
She said the company decided to make this statement after hearing from people on all sides of this issue.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I heard they want to promote a safe and friendly environment and are urging people not to openly carry.......Seriously the best thing to do with places like this is to simply conceal the firearm and go about your business. Don't ask don't tell. I mean we all know at some point each and every establishment is going to cave in to this kind of thing, so what will you do not give anyone your business? I don't think that's very practical. I think the better way to stick it to them is to carry anyway and ignore their stupid rules. How many store chains have signs that read "we reserve the right to inspect packages", and how many peoiple boycott those stores for that reason? Not too many by the amount of people I still see there. What I do is simply tell them "no" when they ask to see inside my bag. There's nothing they can do to you about it if you refuse. The wal-mart guy tries to get me to open my bag probably 3 out of 4 times I go there. I always just say no and keep walking. I'm not going to stop shopping there though. I have to shop someplace, and wal-mart saves me money on alot of things with their pricing. So my way around their stupid rule is to simply and politely not comply.... The more people who refuse to listen the better chance we have to see change. Its as simple as that.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
I've found that there's not enough interesting stuff in Target to keep me occupied while the wife looks for whatever she came for. Even Walmart is more interesting, though the parking lot at the local one is miserable.

What really drives me up a wall is those alarms that trigger if the counter clerk forgets to nullify the anti-theft device. Once I pay for something it's mine and they have no right to paw through my stuff when I leave.

·
Silver Bullet member
52,962 Posts
Employees....in "any store" I have entered no matter the company or sing on the doors bother to ask questions or you to leave!
Not going to happen not their job, or problem....
not paid enough,
not getting involved with untrained maybe bad experiences,
introverted personalities,
think you have the right?
Don't know the laws?
or if your a security or police officer?
Or don't care personally ....
New Bosses.....want sales not controversy reported to main office....
Youth today .....barley do paid for jobs...
Only if and maybe not then, if it's current enforced issues in the employ meeting....
Old crows.....pushy people making a name for them selves...my confront you of security that's their job when some one complains!

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,203 Posts
Target has been and still is, an anti-gun business. They openly cavort with Liberal Dumb-as-craps and generously donate . I haven't been there since I found that out. Too many other choices, BB

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I've found that there's not enough interesting stuff in Target to keep me occupied while the wife looks for whatever she came for. Even Walmart is more interesting, though the parking lot at the local one is miserable.

What really drives me up a wall is those alarms that trigger if the counter clerk forgets to nullify the anti-theft device. Once I pay for something it's mine and they have no right to paw through my stuff when I leave.
I've seen many many people who freely stop and let the clerk who's running up to them go through their bag when the magnetic strip sets off the alarm. I guess they're free to let the store trample their rights in that way but I won't allow it. I'm with you (see my earlier post), if I pay for the item and it still sets off the alarm, oh well, I still keep walking.. Nothing they can do. They lay a hand on you, they had better have some hard evidence to back up their actions or they've now just opened themselves up for a lawsuit.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,509 Posts
I think the better way to stick it to them is to carry anyway and ignore their stupid rules.
Yeah, you really do 'stick it to them' by continuing to support them with your money.

·
Registered
25,223 Posts
Don't know about you, they'll not get any more of my business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From your call sign I would have thought you'd have stopped giving them your business when they kick out the Marines Toys for Tots.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
They got all kinds of bad reputation from their target credit card system getting hacked so they fight back by doing stupid stuff against a class of people, I mean, who says their stores are safe in or outside in the parking lot, I mean, now that they have publicized this garbage, the criminals will be hitting them even harder criminally, meaning me and you and every other consumer. Well, I aint taking a hit whether or not I have guns or not past the last time I will likely use them which was yesterday, I mean, they couldn't and wouldn't have a safer credit card system, so now they refuse to even allow gun owners to keep themselves bodily safe. Ironically, I stopped at a target just yesterday out of town in a bigger city area, and wouldn't ya know there were more than just two lowlifes milling about outside and inside, just so happens I didn't have a gun on me cause it was too hot for pants. I didn't feel safe, especially when I walked out to my vehicle, I think there were two dudes asking for "help" money and noticed me and started both a B line right towards me, meaning they target folks, scare them, and many give them money to "help" them, errrr, to buy a brand new car and or get higher on drugs, but once they saw me head towards the lone vehicle by itself in the back of the parking lot, my 2003 kia rio that I have tweaked to give me fourty miles plus per gallon highway with a dented up right front fender, that I paid $1200 for last year for going out of town to va doctors appointments, they decided I might be less than forthcoming with actual money to give away. Ironic, aint it? I suppose if target said they'd not help or call police if they see a carjacking or murder going on in their parking lots, I really wonder what hardened sort would "work" target for awhile now that it might be popular with the underworld.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,639 Posts
I haven't shopped at Target for a couple of decades, but If I did, I'd be concerned about some of the armed folks prowling the isles there. Apparently the beef was over a buncha goobers carrying rifles & shotguns around in the store.

While I'll carry concealed wherever and whenever I want, I'd be hard pressed to justify slinging the AK or Remchester over my shoulder just to go out to buy an economy pack of toilet paper.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
From what I read, it is not a ban. It is simply a statement made by Target that they don't want firearms on their property. Simply, a legal caveat in case something happens down the road so they can say they do not support firearms so they can't be held liable. The liberal media is the one that used the word "ban" just to see how many ******* guntotlers they can dig-up to come out of the woodwork and say something stupid, that's all. If anyone open carries and has never gone through gun retention classes, they are a fool anyways. Keep it hidden. Dah

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,413 Posts
From what I read, it is not a ban. It is simply a statement made by Target that they don't want firearms on their property.Simply, a legal caveat in case something happens down the road so they can say they do not support firearms so they can't be held l iable. The liberal media is the one that used the word "ban" just to see how many ******* guntotlers they can dig-up to come out of the woodwork and say something stupid, that's all. If anyone open carries and has never gone through gun retention classes, they are a fool anyways. Keep it hidden. Dah
Probably not. Really looks like more a matter of not wanting the upper-middle-class/lower-upper-class soccer moms in their giant SUVs to get upset (most of that sort are anywhere from truly hoplophobic to just not very familiar or comfortable with guns). Since that is their target (heh, heh, heh) demographic, can understand it. Now - that ain't the same as approving, either that or a number of other policies they have. As previously noted, I don't shop there.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,630 Posts
Didn't Target sell guns and ammo at one time...........or am I mistaken? Seems like I remember them doing so when I was a very young kid but I could be wrong. Isn't their store name about as politically incorrect as the "Redskins"? Maybe we should start calling them something less controversial so the anti's won't be clammering to shut them down.

Dale

I don't remember them ever having guns or ammo in my area.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts