Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in addition to the combat suit and helmet, which other items comprised the uniform?

what kind of shirt was worn under the suit?

assume a grey web belt and holster for the sidearm (red-brown leather/mak?) were worn over the suit?

what headwear would be worn when the tank helmet was not in use?

i guess the gas mask, if carried, would be the SchMS in the grey vinyl carrier, right?

were the boots worn just the standard NVA combat type?

·
Registered
58 Posts
standard nva dice cups and schiffchen(?). for the gas mask, didn't they use that big chest mounted rebreather hooyah??? or was that just for fording blue features?

man, where's our nva buddy? didn't make the big changeover? :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
for the gas mask, didn't they use that big chest mounted rebreather hooyah??? or was that just for fording blue features?
Well, it says fording blue features on this page you originally found: http://insel.heim.at/malediven/350052/reb_rg_e.htm

i'd have thought they would have had automatic weapons mounted in the tank for close-defence in addition to the mak carried on the person... AKSUs or skorpions perhaps?
Er, well, MiGs have guns and missles and the pilots still carry a Mak and an AK... Cant be too safe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if anyone has any decent pics of NVA tankers in their gear, please post em!

btw, what is the tan-coloured strap for on the panzer kampfanzug in the pic below?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's the escape strap used for hoisting and carrying wounded Comrades.
Rainpattern kindly sent me a page from the manual detailing it, and I can post it if he doesn't mind.

Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lol! Those goggles are the cheapest goggles I have ever encountered.:D

Maybe it was the age of the plastic, but if you poke the lens to hard with your finger it'll brake. Made by the people for the people!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok... just got my UTV panzer kampfanzug in the mail today... what is the button-fastening loop on the upper left sleeve for? do i attach a regular kragenbinden inside the collar?

·
Registered
58 Posts
that's for the big square rank insignia with the loop behind it.

are there buttons for the collar binder? if there are, i would say yes, you could attach it there! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts