Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
34,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I don't even get time for a nooner...

From BBC News...

Russian 'sex day' to boost births

The governor of Ulyanovsk region in Russia is offering prizes to couples who have babies in exactly nine months - on Russia's national day on 12 June.

Sergei Morozov wants couples to take the day off work to have sex. If a baby is born on national day, they will receive cars, TVs or other prizes.

Mr Morozov has declared Wednesday "family contact day" as part of efforts to fight Russia's demographic crisis.

The population has sharply declined since the Soviet Union collapsed.

This is the third year that Ulyanovsk, in central Russia, is offering prizes for babies born on 12 June.

This year, a couple won the grand prize of a sports utility vehicle (SUV).

The initiative seems to be paying off as the region's birth rate has risen by 4.5% over last year.

"If there's a good, healthy atmosphere at home within the family, if the husband and wife both love each other and their child, they will be in good spirits... So there'll be a healthy atmosphere throughout the country," Mr Morozov told the Associated Press news agency.

Demographers estimate that Russia could lose 40 million people - almost a third of its current population - by the middle of the century.

A combination of falling birth rates, emigration and an ailing health care system has led to the decline.

President Vladimir Putin has introduced a scheme to encourage more children.

Women who have a second or third child are eligible to receive $9,000 which can be used to pay for education or home purchases.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,159 Posts
I'm in if they want to provide a fertile female!

I'm afraid the better-half is past her child bearing years (60) as am I, but I would volunteer to do my part for the fatherland. On second thought I'll pass, not only would the wife object but they would expect (and I would feel obligated) to raise the child.

Teenagers are the price you pay for enjoying sex!

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
8,123 Posts
I suppose they could go the other route and try to increase population numbers by cutting down on alcohol consumption - the main reason the average life expectancy for the Russian male currently stands at not much over 50 - but then, from an economic standpoint, what's the point of having more aging pensioners?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,740 Posts
I'm afraid the better-half is past her child bearing years (60) as am I, but I would volunteer to do my part for the fatherland. On second thought I'll pass, not only would the wife object but they would expect (and I would feel obligated) to raise the child.

Teenagers are the price you pay for enjoying sex!
In this day and age, you may not be expected to raise the child.

But your wife might make sure you did not do it a second time.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Why the Russian population is dwindling - A Russian "Chick Flick":

Zemlia = Earth; Bezhin Lug = Bezhin meadow (1930/1937) directed by Sergei Eisenstein PN1997 .E177 2001
Earth: A Ukranian landowner is forced to give up his holdings to the state. Vasili obtains a tractor and under his leadership the collective is successful. He is shot by the landowner's son. Vasil's father asks that he have a "modern" funeral with songs by the young people of their new life.

Star of movie with love interests:

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
One of my relations got married later in life,and he and his wife went to Russia and adopted 3 small girls (sisters).He has since taken them back to visit their family in Russia,in the interim their mother (in her 30's) had died of teburculosis and the father had also died,probably of alcohol abuse.He tells me a lot of people in Russia have a sickly appearance,and often do not keep very good health,so its no wonder their population is dwindling.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,740 Posts
Dream on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts