Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have it for $50/264 round can on rusty garand clips. That is pretty cheap. Has anyone else bought any of this and if so what did you think? I figure at worst it could be a last ditch batch for my M1.
I seem to remember reading that the cases are boxer primed but that the primer pocket is over sized, so probably not reloadable without a lot of effort. Does it come on bandoleers?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Taiwan .30

I do not know if this is the same, but I got some Taiwan .30 on Garand clips about 10 years ago and the clips were Taiwan made, and about the worst clips ever. The stampings were weak and caused function problems. The ammo shot fine and I don't reload. I don't remember if they were on bandos but I don't think so.

·
Copper Bullet member
745 Posts
I got some last year. Definitely corrosive and the brass is not reloadable, as the boxer primers are oversized. I tried everything I could think of to reload them; in the end they just got recycled. I think berdan primed brass is more reloadable because you can actually get berdan primers if you look hard enough.
If anyone knows of a source of oversized boxer primers, let me know. I have about a thousand pieces of French .308 brass with the same oversize boxer primer pockets.

Other than that the Tiawanese ammo shot fine. The clips seemed to work OK for me, maybe I just got some good ones.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm excited. I'm sure it will be OK. $.18/round is pretty cheap for '06 and the clips are a nice bonus. Heck, it isn't really more expensive than 7.62x54 and 8mm now!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Quote from ad:

Product ID: AM1312A
Taiwan .30-06 Ball (151 GR.)
Details & Associated Product Family
Brass case, boxer primed, corrosive. FMJ. 264 rds./can. On Garand clips. Clips will be rusty and ammo may show oxidation and be tarnished & rusty

Price: $49.87

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought a fair amount of this when it was around a year ago in the 264rd sealed cans/ 2 cans per crate. Most cases contained two sealed cans of nice looking ammo, not new looking but clean. Some of the crates w/o a banding around the crate the had opened cans which may have been open for years. The ammo was not good looking, and was discolored and had white and green tarnish on the brass with some rust on the clips. This is most likely left over ammo from that shipment, not new stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts