Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's eye candy for a late Sunday afternoon. A stone mint, almost out-of-the-arsenal condition Tokyo Type 38 infantry rifle. A very much rarity in this condition, as minty TAA T-44s and T-38 carbines are encountered every once in a while, but almost never a minty T-38 infantry rifle, for some reason. Likely that the rifles were almost all issued and used.
This example is all matching, the parts in the white sparkles, bluing is immaculate, strawing is bright and the screw slot edges are so sharp it looks like they have never been turned after leaving TAA.
Every once in a blue moon this dog finds his bone, and will be one of my treasures for sure.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
13,267 Posts
Beautiful example!

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,774 Posts
A fine rifle indeed! This is why it pains me so to see a new rifle owner tear it down. Slipping screwdrivers and years of patina scrubbed away. and that's lost forever.

Reactions: Kchapmansc

·
Registered
15 Posts
This really is strange, there's some rifles that are almost always in great condition like Swiss and Swedish guns, but something like a type 38 is unobtainium in this shape. M95 Mannlichers are like that, I don't know that I've ever seen a perfect shapes all matching unissued one of those.

·
Registered
924 Posts
That is exquisite! It really shows what the designers meant when they said that the new Japanese infantry arm must be beautiful “to inspire the soldiers with pride.” Most Arisakas you see, after a world war or two and decades of civilian neglect… well, “beautiful” is not the first word that comes to mind. This one, on the other hand? Absolutely.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts