Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked up this Kokura series 21, it has an unusual feature I thought I would share with the board. It has the cold climate rear sight lifter, ofter referred to as the "Aleutian sight". The rifle SN# 6430 appears to have the 3 struck over another number. The bolt is m/m, but otherwise it's a neat piece throughout. Interested in knowing how often these surface.
Thanks, Cliff

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,211 Posts
The funny thing is that it looks to me like the AA wings would be easier to grip with gloves than the added piece.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,409 Posts
Very cool find, these suckers have managed to avoid me thus far, even if I have seen many in various collections, I never see them on the loose. May the girlfriend not be around when i do find one, lest I have to spend as much on her.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,211 Posts
Very cool find, these suckers have managed to avoid me thus far, even if I have seen many in various collections, I never see them on the loose. May the girlfriend not be around when i do find one, lest I have to spend as much on her.
Girlfriend?
Like President Reagan said "there ya go again" :)

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
I saw one once it was obviuosly a put on as it was on a Nagoya 1st series and the mounting screw was obviously disturbed, The lifter looked legit but it stuck out like sore thumb on the rifle it was attached to. Completetly mis-match as to finish and patina.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,409 Posts
I would suppose the screw would be disturbed and finish mismatched, I doubt these were a factory addition. Cant say much about patina though. But I would have made a play for the rifle anyway to at least get the part. On a rifle or not its a great addition to a collection.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Mike,
I saw it at the imfamous auction some time ago where I saw you once. It went fo rover 800 bucks and looked to be put on last week. If it was put on 65 years ago it would match the rifles finish now. Thats what I meant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.