Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front or objective lens of the scope is shaped in such a way that by rotating it, the image is bent as it enters the scope. Thus, rotating this lense will make it possible to move the target image onto the path of the bullet.

There are three tiny lock screws on the right front side of the scope. The first and forward screw locks the lens locking ring and the other two locks the lens into place. All three screws must be scraped clean of the original selant or paint and loosened using a jewler's screwwdriver of the correct size.

The lens locking ring requires a special wrench that will fit into the opposing notches on the inside rim. This tool may be obtained from a camera repair shop or you can make your own. Again, the sealant around the ring must be cardfully scraped off before turning it. I would advise against using a pair of screwdriver tips to turn this ring, as a slip my result in irreparable damage,

With the lens locking ring turned out just enought to reach the notch on the lense mounting ring with a pointed object, the lens can now be rotated. How much or which way to turn the lens for the rquired correction will require several test firing of live rounds. The locking screws for the lens mount must be tightened prior to firing a round. (note: the lens rotates in place and not with the thread).

While the above adjustments may correct windage to a large degree, there will be limitations on elevation correction which should be of lesser concern. Elevation compensation can easily be done using the vertical reticule.

When correction has been completed, tighten the lens locking ring and all three locking screws. To reseal the lens, you can use a black rubber adhesive such as made by Miracle Adhesive Corp., which resembles the original sealant. This can asso be appied to the small locking screws.

From a collector's point of view, hard to find sniper scopes such as the 4X T99 scope probably should not be tampered with. But, if you must, it should be done right.

Thanks for this information should go to Dave Holley and Damon Mills and is copied out of the book complied by Victor and Linds Soto. Articles From Banzai on The Japanese Sniper Rifle, sold by Lodestone Publishing Co.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Now this should be a "Sticky." (Printed and enlarged the photo and put it in the shed to frighten the rats.) Rodent 48

·
Gold Bullet member
13,581 Posts
I agree. It should be a sticky. My 99 4X scope is close enough. We need a sticky on the t-97s and the 2.5 scopes for the cutbacks and Kokura t-99s too. Is it the same for them as well? Thanks Riceone.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello Mike :
The info on scope adjustment is the same for all Japanese 97 & 99 scopes of fixed design. The 4X adjustables are the only ones that are zeroed by means of the external screws on the mount.
Vicasoto

·
Silver Bullet member
15,573 Posts
Sticky link

I have put a link to this thread in the "interesting and useful info" section of the stickys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
T99 Scope Adjustments

thanks for the info Riceone on the adjustments of the T99 scope...When you get time could you possibly take a few photos that illustrate this procedure for the forum?
thanks again.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scope Adjustments

I have not used that information, just had it handy to post. riceone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts