Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has an extra T99 short cleaning rod, that i could have for free? Haha, yeah that wasnt very funny, but worth a try.

Ok anyways my t99 doesnt have a cleaning rod, and I really want one for it, but I cant afford it. Could someone please post some good pics of it, along with the demensions of it? I would like to try to reproduce a copy of one for my T99...to complete it for my personal preferance. Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww...hell yes....such a perfect response...thank you so much! That looks pretty easy to make with the right tools!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never mind I figured it out with some ratios with a ruler, calculator, and that pic you gave me along with the overal length measurment!

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello Yugom5966 :
Hate to be a party pooper and throw a monkey wrench on your project. There are two to three different diameter rods depending upon the arsenal make of your 99, so the face plate on the front band will have different diameters depending upon the make of rifle you have, the threaded area is the same on all rods. If you let me know the arsenal and series rifle you have I will be able to tell you which rod you need. Then to boot there are late transitional rifles in which the hole in the stock was done at an angle or else not finished, in that case it will be impossible to install a rod !. It can be fun :)).
Vicasoto

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, no problem! I had to find and use a t99 stock from a different series than my gun. Then I bought the wrong screws for my front band..so I know how tricky the Arisaka feild can be ;).

I think the stock is a sixth series...but I am not 100% sure, but thats what the seller said. My rifle is a third series, but that is irrelivent. I may have to meauser the hole opening then? I know a rod will fit in there and thread becuase i stuck and SKS cleanign rod down there and caught some thread with the threaded portion of the rod.

Thank you

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey U go :
I see your situation, yes the stock should work, if your front band is a Nagoya then the 1/4 inch diameter rod should work ok. Good luck, if you need help just holler here, one of us will gladly help.
Vicasoto

·
Silver Bullet member
621 Posts
4mm rod

The best way is to remove the barrel and use a 4mm rod to measure the length and check the diameter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not mean to highkack the thread, but is there any repro cleaning rod available for T99?

I really like to get one to complete mine

·
Silver Bullet member
621 Posts
cleaning rods repro

Don Schlickman has cleaning rods. The following prices are subject to change:

Rifle cleaning rods
T-99, 4 7/8", 5th series, 24th series, or 34th series -------------- $ 15.00 ea.
T-99, late 23rd-early 24th series 5 ¾” rod---------------------- $ 20.00 ea.
T-99, short rifle, 23 ¾”---------------------------------------- $ 25.00 ea.
T-99, long rifle, 29 3/16”-------------------------------------- $ 25.00 ea.

Sarco has them too.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello ATS76 :

Are these rods and prices for original Japanese rods or modern reproductions. The 4 7/8 is to be found in different diameters with Nagoya 5th to 7th series being the biggest, Kokura & Toyo have smaller diameters. So if you if you get a smaller diameter rod it will work on all three, but if you get a Nagoya size one it will only work on a Nagoya front band hole.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don Schlickman has cleaning rods. The following prices are subject to change:

Rifle cleaning rods
T-99, 4 7/8", 5th series, 24th series, or 34th series -------------- $ 15.00 ea.
T-99, late 23rd-early 24th series 5 ¾” rod---------------------- $ 20.00 ea.
T-99, short rifle, 23 ¾”---------------------------------------- $ 25.00 ea.
T-99, long rifle, 29 3/16”-------------------------------------- $ 25.00 ea.

Sarco has them too.[/QUOTE]

I contacted the guy, and i'm trying best to determin what mine take.
I know its short one. Its defenatery not the 23" or 29" rod.
Mine is 6th seriese Nagoya arsonal. So do I need 4 7/8" one?

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello mity2 :
Yes if your rifle is a 6th series the 4 7/8 rod with a 1/4 inch shank is the one you want.
Vicasoto

·
Silver Bullet member
15,639 Posts
I think you guys have me mixed up with Don Schickman.

This is his price list for the repro rods he makes.

And please do NOT put my or anyone elses' email address in a post; we get enough spam as it is!

Mity2,
yes you need a 4 7/8" rod, 1/4" diameter; if your rifle is in original configuration.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts