Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it is not what you are thinking. I was shipped an empty box and the seller states there was a cleaning rod in it. I am trying to prove him wrong.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello rox:
Used a simple diet scale, here is what I came up with:
1) T-2 paratroop rod 2.5 oz.
2) T-99 short rifle 3 oz.
3) T-99 long almost 4 oz.
4) T-99 transitional (4 7/8 inch) 1 oz.
hope this helps.
Vicasoto

·
Silver Bullet member
622 Posts
There may be no way to find out the actual weight of a package up to a few oz shipped through UPS, USPS, FedEx etc. UPS and FedEx do not weight all Ground packages. Unless you mail a package from a USPS counter, you will not get a receipt with actual weight info.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,369 Posts
depending ont the rod maker it will be different weights, some thicker/thinner than others

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Why wasn't this information included in MRoJ Fred? ;)

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Evening Mike :
I will try using a powder scale tomorrow and get more accurate figures, I just used a cheapie diet scale, not too certain.
Well ariska guy 31 years ago when the Honorable Honeycutt & Anthony put their book out, not even they had any idea we get this far into Japanese militaria. Our volume of knowledge Nationwide has made "the book" come down from the BIBLE to a beginers text.
The above comments are not made to diminish the author's works during the past 3 decades and 5 editions, but rather to explain how much more knowledgeable and inquisitive have become the arms collectors. The 3 pages on grenade launchers is now a great book by Babich & Keep, The early Arisakas is now in book form by Allan, the 99 rifle booklet is now in its updated 2nd edition and it sold out its first printing. Derby has made a better book on pistols, Frank Allan is about to come out with the T-38 book, Elks is also coming out with an expanded ammunition book.
So what was state of the art in 1976 is now history. What is amazing is that Fred was able to put together so much good data into the limited space of a book that was reasonably priced and has remained so despite the passage of time, also note that he did not have the services of PCs when he accumulated his information. We are all indebted to their efforts that have made us enjoy our hobby and grow with it.
Vicsoto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts