Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when you take the safety off the bolt will rise up a little and if you pull the trigger it will click but not go off. But when you put the bolt handle down without touching trigger- bang it will go off.
I have tried 3 different trigger assemblies and get the same results. I have not tried a different firing pin.
What is the cause of this problem?

·
Silver Bullet member
2,135 Posts
I would try another firing pin first, second try another firing pin and anothers safety. Compare the sear on the first firing pin with another firing pin. I've never had this to happen to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The problem is the bolt being too loose. It should not lift up when you disengage the safety. Maybe the bolt is mismatched to the rifle and the locking lugs are slipping. The trigger has a lever part that has to lift into a recess on the bolt body to fire the gun. It can only do this if the bolt handle is completely down in a properly working gun. To have the firing pin released when the bolt handle is not down is a dangerous situation as in your case.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lost my initial reply. If the Arisaka is based on Mauser design, then the bolt shouldn't fire until the lugs are locked. If you're accidentally lifting the bolt as you set the safety, maybe your bolt is operating as designed: that is, not firing until the bolt is secure. Or maybe I'm reading your description incorrectly...

·
Silver Bullet member
15,651 Posts
Lost my initial reply. If the Arisaka is based on Mauser design, then the bolt shouldn't fire until the lugs are locked. If you're accidentally lifting the bolt as you set the safety, maybe your bolt is operating as designed: that is, not firing until the bolt is secure. Or maybe I'm reading your description incorrectly...
The safety mechanism is entirely different from the mauser type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.