Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,303 Posts
If you've been looking for an all matched Tokyo for years you should know by now that they were matched by an assembly number that is unrelated to the serial number. And that the butt plates aren't numbered at all. If it's matching, the bolt and floor plate should have the same number as should the upper band. The assembly number is also stamped on the bottom of the receiver so you have to take it apart to see that. All the bolt parts should have that number as well. Good Luck!

·
Platinum Bullet member
985 Posts
Here is my Koishikawa/Tokyo. It is un-defaced,matching including the dust cover and original rod, in ex. to mint condition. I paid an ungodly price for it back in the beginning of my collecting career. Who in their right mind would have paid $70.00 for a "Jap junk", "anese" rifle 40+years ago. Glad I did:) Don

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,303 Posts
Here is my Koishikawa/Tokyo. It is un-defaced,matching including the dust cover and original rod, in ex. to mint condition. I paid an ungodly price for it back in the beginning of my collecting career. Who in their right mind would have paid $70.00 for a "Jap junk", "anese" rifle 40+years ago. Glad I did:) Don
Don, mine is much like yours only missing the dust cover. I paid almost $700 for it around 12 years ago and am glad I did! These are quite rare to find in this condition.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,303 Posts
Very nice! I'm now wondering if mine might be the oldest of these with a S/N in the 500K range? ;)

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I only ever saw one. A guy down the street from me has it. He ruined it with steel wool (no bluing left) and he sanded the stock. It's fully matched by assembly number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great 38s guys, never knew so many of them are around. Yes I should've done more homework on the early Type 38s, lesson learned.
Thanks for sharing yours photos too, I'll take some of mine after work and post them here too. Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.