Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic: T2 Paratroop- Check here for your matching half!
Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 10:21am
Here are Big Ed's instructions for adding a mismatched T2 to the data base:

I will need:

Reciever serial number
receiver assy number

Bayonet mount number
front assy number

Owner contact info(kept confidential until a potential match is known). Please include your active email address, street address not desired.

In that order please. I will log it in and see how this works. Maybe we can put a few back together.

There is no obligation for anyone to sell or trade their rifle- but at least a data base match would offer a possiblity for a 'reunion'.

Email this data to me at: [email protected]

Original comments by Ray:
Is anyone here keeping data, or could a thread be started, trying to match up the mismatched halfs of the T-2 paratrooper rifles? One of mine is mismatched and I know there are a number of folks having these rifles with mis-matched halves. I do see there is a thread for trying to match mis-matched T-38 & 99 bolt numbers.

The T-2 rifles having mis-matched halves generally bring the value of the rifle down to almost half or at least 60% of the value of one with matching numbers if we were talking about value only. But mainly it would put a rifle back in it's original matching condition.
In years past, this task would have been impossible but now days, with the internet, there is a good possibly the matching halves could be found..

Anyway, for what it's worth. the numbers on my mis-matched one are, #648 on the front and #479 on the back half. The serial number is #7931. Just some thoughts, Ray

Edited by 03man - 01 Sep 2007 at 2:38pm

·
Silver Bullet member
15,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you email this info to Big Ed as requested in the thread?

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
I suggest the bolt sticky. I have no data to help at this time. I believe I'm only tracking about 5 rifles/10 halves at this time.

·
Silver Bullet member
705 Posts
type 2 sporterized

I picked up a very nice take down that has had the front half cut and tapered to the nose, and so the front bayo lug is gone now. Anyone have any idea where to find a front half = wood only??? Everything else matches fine and all metal is about 80% orig finish. Sure would like to put this gal back in original shape!

·
Silver Bullet member
297 Posts
I hope there can be some reunions because of this effort. We probably should define early on who has priority in any subsequent transaction. It wouldn't be legally binding, of course, but all who enter their numbers would at least have some idea about what everyone else in the data base is expecting.

For instance, when you enter your mismatched numbered halves, if a match shows up to your front half, you should trade it to the one who has the rear, receiver half. If a match shows up to your rear half, the owner of it should trade it to you.

If you aren't interested in a trade at all, maybe that info could be included at the time of listing.

Just an idea that's worth what it cost, probably, but there it is.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Type type dust cover #734 Wanted:

I have a mismatched Type 2 and need #734 dust cover. The rifle was "liberated" with #820 dust cover. Please look over your TYpe 2 dust cover and see if it migh match my rifle..thanks for looking.Please email: [email protected]

·
Registered
113 Posts
It seemed to work for me... But ill put my info here too..
Reciever SN: 17270; Assembly # 977

Need a dust cover if anybody has one!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have a matching serial number #8564 with assembly number #770.... I need #770 complete front assembly and dust cover #564....

·
Registered
63 Posts
My Type 2 has a ground mum, serial number 3979 with matching serial numbers 979 on the safety, bolt handle, extractor, and firing pin.
The bayonet stud and barrel are marked 529.
Assembly #743 front, 144 rear.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
This project never resulted in any matches. Lots of the info I received was not what I needed and or emails to contact people changed. It proved very hard to keep track of the data. Most of these rifles have been seen on auctions and sellers with mis-matched halves were reluctant to give any add'l info. I know longer track T2 rifles. M advice is to buy them correct. Or do your own searching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts