Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I asked Mike about this last week in the T100 cup thread and I dug it out and here are some pictures of it. What are your thoughts and opinions on it gentlemen?? :confused::crossfingers:

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Probably not but it's been in that oil paper for all of the 25 years I've owned it and I bought it that way in a trunk of stuff. The previous owner was the 2nd owner (son) and he told me it was always like that as far as he could remember too when his dad showed it to him. It has done the job keeping it fresh I'd say. I dont think Ive actually had it out of the paper until today in at least 10 years.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
A very nice launcher; protected by US GI wrapping.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,409 Posts
Vic, that is a nice launcher. Nothing can be said about the wrap since the japanese were too inconsiderate to mark and proof the paper for us collectors. This is the more common launcher with the "53" being the coded date for 1943, and the character "ni" (above the 53) is the secret ordnance code for nagoya. They made about 17k in 1942 and 32k in 1943 when production ceased. They came in a tan/khaki canvas pouch with "lift the dot" fastener with a wrench to remove the barrel.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Vic,
I have a type 99 rifle sent back in a wooden shipping box made by the GI who sent it pack. It's packed with that brown oily paper. I cant say if it's of US or Japanese origin but the rifle came from Leyte and he stuffed a lot of it in the box so it must have been easy to get.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I posted this picture a few months ago. Here is my T100 and the rarer variation of the T2 launcher. Only 7 of the T2 variation w the Nagoya arsenal mark are reported in the book titled, Imperial Japanese Grenade Rifles and Launchers. I contacted Greg B., one of the authors of the GLauncher book, a month or so ago. He stated that he had acquired one for his collection since publishing plus this one brings the total to 9 known. I'm sure that there are a few more out there.

ww2

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
WW2,
nice set.

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohhhh that is a nice set. I do like the the T100 but have never had a chance to find one. The kakhi pouch for the T2-has anyone a picture of one so I can get on the hunt?

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
WWII, I also have a Nagoya 100. I disremember if the things are numbered, but when I pull it from its salt water storage tank I'll try to see. I use the salt water storage method to give metal items character (ask the mutt). Rifles I sold him had not leaked oil through the shipping box, so he started moaning and groaning!

For those of you not in possession of the Babich book the Nagoya 100 was the only one specifically made for the 99 Arisaka. Book is a little pricey, but a worth while purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts