Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
New find

You're right... I was worried that a couple of folks were still shopping on the new batch of Japanese rifles at the site so I took it off. I will let them mention what they got. Here was my find. I particularly like the purple color of the receiver and other parts where they tried to blue it all. Hopefully some of the rust will wipe clean. There are occaisionally good finds from this seller, and finding one is a nice perk to staying up late surfing the web. Anybody have a middle tang screw they can sell me cheap that might work?

http://www.joesalter.com/detail.php?f_qryitem=8443

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
You're welcome Rob. I PM'ed a couple of folks that were online at the time because I wanted it to go to someone on the boards instead of some late night dealer surfing from Idaho or somewhere. Wasn't sure you'd be interested in a Nagoya though... haha

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,875 Posts
wondered how long the rope hole would last, and was very suprised that it sat there for 2 weeks. congrats on the purchase! Keith

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,987 Posts
wondered how long the rope hole would last, and was very suprised that it sat there for 2 weeks. congrats on the purchase! Keith
It was there for that long?? Geeze, nearly broke all my fingers to get the transaction done before someone else grabbed it!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
What is the top character of the characters painted on the stock? Anyone able to translate/find this one? I'll need it for the revised NST99 book that I will begin working on soon.

Frank

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the top character of the characters painted on the stock? Anyone able to translate/find this one? I'll need it for the revised NST99 book that I will begin working on soon. Frank
It's the charater "mu" or "bu." I think my early T-99 NS 635 has an identical character, followed by a painted number.

C/

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Thanks for the translation. I wonder what it is short for? We'll probably never know. Presumably a JNSLF unit.

Frank

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another pronunciation is "take." Like you said, it's probably a unit name or designation.

C/

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Lucky "dog" got another rope hole gun. Wish I knew about it!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts