Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just aquired this Rifle, T-99 Long Trainer. Ser# xx.
missing Bolt, Trigger gaurd floor plate, adjuster for 1700 meter rear sight and
screws for front and rear barrel bands. every thing else, solid and clean.
Pics to follow.
Peafowlguy

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I just aquired this Rifle, T-99 Long Trainer. Ser# xx.
missing Bolt, Trigger gaurd floor plate, adjuster for 1700 meter rear sight and
screws for front and rear barrel bands. every thing else, solid and clean.
Pics to follow. Peafowlguy
I can likely ID it for you. Can you include a photo of any stock markings at the pistol grip location? It may be important in the identification.

C/

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T-99 Long Trainer

Hi Seinen,

There are no marks on the stock, anywhere. the only marks on the Trainer
are on the Barrel, Receiver and Trigger. a two digit stamp, thats it.
the stock is a one piece, not two piece, and in very good shape.
will that help with I.D.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
There are no marks on the stock, anywhere. the only marks on the Trainer are on the Barrel, Receiver and Trigger. a two digit stamp, thats it.
the stock is a one piece, not two piece, and in very good shape.
will that help with I.D.
Hi.....got your email. Sorry about the late reply. I'm pretty sure your trainer was made by a now-unknown private company located in Nagoya. I'm surprised that your trainer doesn't have any pistol grip markings. Normally, these trainers have two small stamps in this area: one is the kanji character "Na" (abbreviation for the city of Nagoya) and the kanji character "ken" (inspected).

C/

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
peafowlguy,

In reply to the questions you asked in your email of last night, the serial number on the trainer is just that: the rifle serial number. On these particular examples, the bolts are matched to the receivers by an alphabetic letter (A, B, C, etc.) followed by a katakana character, and then the rifle's serial number.

Like you noted, the pistol grip markings on these trainer variants are small and easily overlooked. Many times, they've been poorly stamped.

I don't believe I have any spare parts for this model, but if you'll reply here indicating any additional parts that are missing I can take a look.

C/

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T-99 Trainer

Thanks Seinen,

Missing Bolt, Trigger guard floor plate and screws, screws for front band,
pin for rear band and "adjuster" for 1700 meter rear leaf sight, the part that slides up and down is missing the pieces that lock it to the leaf. I will bet that finding the correct missing Bolt will be like digging up some special Dinosaur bones, Right. I tried my Arisaka Bolt and it fits to a tee, cycle's and fires. so I suppose any T-99 bolt will work. if you have one laying around you may want to keep the firing pin and spring as I will not need them, Duh !!!

Thanks again for your help and timely responce

Peafowlguy

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Missing Bolt, Trigger guard floor plate and screws, screws for front band, pin for rear band and "adjuster" for 1700 meter rear leaf sight, the part that slides up and down is missing the pieces that lock it to the leaf. I tried my Arisaka Bolt and it fits to a tee, cycle's and fires. so I suppose any T-99 bolt will work. if you have one laying around you may want to keep the firing pin and spring as I will not need them, Peafowlguy
Got it. Let me take a look through my spare parts tonite and see what I have left. I probably have some of the things you need, but I'm pretty sure I don't have an extra trainer bolt. I know I don't have any spare T-99 rifle bolts anymore. Will be in touch.

C/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts