Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a T-97 Sniper barrel w/non matching bolt. I took the bolt from another T-97 sniper rifle that had been sportized(barrel shortened and had several holes drilled into the receiver). The bolt matches the sportized rifle.
The bolt handle stem portion above the plumb of the bolt is flat and angled downward. Is this normal? The ones in Fred Honeycut book look rounded(stem of bolt handle). The barrel is in excellent condition, 95+ blue and has a perfect mum.

I don't have a stock. Been looking for a T-97 sniper stock for some time.
Would it make any sense to convert a T-38 stock into a T-97 sniper stock?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,766 Posts
T 97 Stock

As you have found, a 97 stock will be very hard to find; though they do pop up occasionally.

You can modify a T 38 stock if you are good at inletting the base; though decent 38 stocks are getting tough to find too.

Sounds like your bolt has been modified. I put a picture below of a 97 bolt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
03man,

Thanks for the info. It appears the individual who sportized the sniper rifle did a thorough job by also modifying the bolt stem. Recently, there was a T-97 complete bolt for sale for $500. I'm not ready to cough up the money yet.
There's a company that can bend the stem to mimic the original T-97 stem. I need to research this company further.

Thanks again

·
Silver Bullet member
15,766 Posts
A price of more like $250 would be the norm for a 97 sniper bolt when you find one, $500 sounds like a fishing price; you can buy a whole rifle for $900, in non matching, refinished wood condition.

You can have the bolt handle replaced and re bent to 97 specifications by Don Schlickman for about $100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.