Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any have any suggestions to help fix this issue. I get a double feed and stove pipe in both handguns. Sometimes it can fire 1-2 times before this issue happens. Mostly it happens on each time i chamber a round. There were a few times where it clicked with out a primer strike. I do not know if the previous owner replaced the springs and it DOES NOT look liked it was modified.. I tried two different original mags and it has the same issue.

For the t-94, It does not go all the way into battery when charging it. It stops and gets stuck about an inch or two from going into the battery.

I am currently replacing all springs in both guns.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had similar issues with 83gr bullets...I made sure the following was corrected and now have zero issues.

1. Have the proper feeding magazine.
2. New Wolff springs
3. 100 grain bullets
4. Full load rounds

I believe low power rounds cause failure to eject, causing a stovepipe that can break your extractor if the bolt closes on the brass.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Quite likely the ammo; next in line would be the magazine and its spring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had similar issues with 83gr bullets...I made sure the following was corrected and now have zero issues.

1. Have the proper feeding magazine.
2. New Wolff springs
3. 100 grain bullets
4. Full load rounds

I believe low power rounds cause failure to eject, causing a stovepipe that can break your extractor if the bolt closes on the brass.
I used Steinel 83 gr and Precision 83 gr

I am installing new wolf springs.

the magazines is original ww2 era. cant replace them without damaging the mag. fully load mag when used.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I used Steinel 83 gr and Precision 83 gr

I am installing new wolf springs.

the magazines is original ww2 era. cant replace them without damaging the mag. fully load mag when used.
I know what you mean...magazine springs are near impossible to change. I never changed mine for the same reason.

To clarify what I meant on a proper feeding magazine, there are different magazine types and if yours isn’t matched, you could have the wrong type. As an example, my first Type 14 came with an incorrect magazine and it didn’t feed properly plus I was shooting 83 gr bullets...mine was the typical “jam-o-matic”. Knowing this was unacceptable as a service pistol, I was probably doing something wrong. I dug up original ammo specs and switched to those specs. About the same time, an excellent member here pointed out I had a type II magazine and needed a type VI. We swapped magazines and once I had original spec ammo, installed new recoil and locking block springs...poof...my type 14 magically changed from a jam-o-matic to semi-automatic.

There is a stigma with Japanese firearms being crap and I believe this stems from people not understanding them. People unknowingly shot live rounds in training rifles with bad results. With many Type 14s with mismatched magazine and shooting lighter bullets/loads to take it easy on the pistol causes them not to cycle properly and labeled as crap.

I have a few type 14s and my current shooter gets shot like it’s 1945! Haha! One day I’ll get a Type 94...I’d like to see how it can fire by depressing the side sear bar.

I hope this helps and remember to save your brass and send it to me! Hahaha!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you mean...magazine springs are near impossible to change. I never changed mine for the same reason.

To clarify what I meant on a proper feeding magazine, there are different magazine types and if yours isn’t matched, you could have the wrong type. As an example, my first Type 14 came with an incorrect magazine and it didn’t feed properly plus I was shooting 83 gr bullets...mine was the typical “jam-o-matic”. Knowing this was unacceptable as a service pistol, I was probably doing something wrong. I dug up original ammo specs and switched to those specs. About the same time, an excellent member here pointed out I had a type II magazine and needed a type VI. We swapped magazines and once I had original spec ammo, installed new recoil and locking block springs...poof...my type 14 magically changed from a jam-o-matic to semi-automatic.

There is a stigma with Japanese firearms being crap and I believe this stems from people not understanding them. People unknowingly shot live rounds in training rifles with bad results. With many Type 14s with mismatched magazine and shooting lighter bullets/loads to take it easy on the pistol causes them not to cycle properly and labeled as crap.

I have a few type 14s and my current shooter gets shot like it’s 1945! Haha! One day I’ll get a Type 94...I’d like to see how it can fire by depressing the side sear bar.

I hope this helps and remember to save your brass and send it to me! Hahaha!
I have one original matching to the pistol and an original ww2 era which has a stronger spring. I have no idea what model of magazine it is. I did not know there were different ones. I would like to fire it and keep it. but I can not spend more money on them. don't have it and my wife will. well, I will be in the dog house. I do not reload and found the only ammo I could find to use. Like you said, just don't know enough and made some bad mistakes.

I think they are good guns. and like you said, just bad info is out there.

t-94, just push the sear and it will go bang. interesting and dangerous.

if the new springs don't fix the issue. then I will have to sell it and let someone who knows what they are doing to fix it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Make sure you stay outta the doghouse!

Once you get new recoil / locking block springs in and 100 gr bullets, you should shoot just fine! Good luck!

If you want to recoup ammo costs, save your brass and I’ll send you 30 cents per case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.