Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a T-92 ammo box unlike the crates we usually find this ammo packed in. It holds 20, 30 round feeder strips, 600 rounds in all. Can anyone tell what the writing on the box ends says? Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Does the right -hand symbol mean it is A.P. ammo?...Mariko
I suppose it could be interpreted that way. The right-hand character "kan (ko)" can be read as "armor" or, alternatively, "1st class." I think we need edokko to stop by and fine-tune our understanding.

C/

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Is this the type of box that the ammo carriers of a machine gun squad would carry on their backs using the straps as a harness?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,175 Posts
Now that is really cool! I got sniped on one of those boxes a few years ago on e-bay.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
The "Ko" is actually a code to differentiate box size and contents. For HMG 30 round strips, the "Ko-dan bako" would have 480 or 600 rounds, and an Otsu-bako would have 300 rounds.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,175 Posts
I've often wondered what the markings meant exactly. Thanks Edokko! Ya know - why didn't they just say 600? One thing the critics of Japanese weapons are right on, is the confusing situation with their ammo! Makes for never ending collecting however :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts