Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the sale I'm down to 3 T-44s. I covered the three main variations. This gave me a Tokyo, a Kokura and a Nagoya. The Tokyo and the Nagoya still have the rods in the butt trap. The Tokyo is my only mismatched rifle. The bolt has a different assy number but does have the correct inspection marks. The Tokyo has a Tokyo cancelled mum, the Kokura's mum is untouched and the Nagoya is ground (but matched, including the dust cover)

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still need to find a muzzle cover for the first variation. Just picked up a Nagoya marked cover for the two later variations. Worked out well, now I have a Kokura marked cover and a Nagoya marked one. Here's more variations for ya. Look how differently they are made. The top cover is the Kokura & the lower is the Nagoya.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Adogs:
Nice trio of 44s, bet you took your trusty screwdriver and checked the interiors for assembly numbers, etc. Ok Boss where are the muzzle covers ?????.
Got a serious question, have you been able to locate or obtain any German G-98 ammo clips ?. After reading your question in the Mauser site I went into the garage today and have located a bandoleer of Turkish 8mm and it has the thin style WW1 clips. I got that stuff from Langley in 04 during the shootout. If you need a couple let me know.
Vicasoto

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Rob :
What gives ? I don't see no stinkin picture of the covers, Yes I have seen both Nagoya and Kokura 2nd variations, only seen one 1st that had stamped numbers it was in the Kessler collection. Allen had one but I never studied it its markings. Last time I saw a 1st & 2nd for sale it was 2 years or so ago, Wally had them at 450 or 550 each as I remember, he also had one for a T-96 LMG, same prices.
Vicasoto

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put them in a reply that's there now. I think I only disassembled the Tokyo. The other two have screws that are just too beautiful to put a tool to. The Nagoya screws are a cool purple color.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Bud :
You are allright despite what Jareth says about you !. Got to admitt that you are in love with them staked purple screws..... did you realize that those screws have been moved more than once when the rifle was built ?, no gun sold is ever "unfired", just like staked screws are no guarantee that a rifle is in original condition.
It sure is fun chatting with you, I sure am learning a lot from all the fellows on the boards.
Vicasoto

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Muzzle covers

Great picts of the covers, now I have to check and see if mine are Nag or Kok.

Just for the record which is which on the side by side picture?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great picts of the covers, now I have to check and see if mine are Nag or Kok.

Just for the record which is which on the side by side picture?
Sorry - Nagoya on the left, Kokura on the right. Note how their machined differently.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Bud :
You are allright despite what Jareth says about you !. Got to admitt that you are in love with them staked purple screws..... did you realize that those screws have been moved more than once when the rifle was built ?, no gun sold is ever "unfired", just like staked screws are no guarantee that a rifle is in original condition.
It sure is fun chatting with you, I sure am learning a lot from all the fellows on the boards.
Vicasoto
Victor, you're a cool guy & are very knowledgeable but you are full of poop about some things! ;)
I do agree with you about the "unfired" thing.
If you could bring a couple of those clips to the Phoenix show I'd appreciate it!

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Morning Sir Rob:
Will take umbrage over the poop, is that the back part of a ship ???, like poop deck. That I am full of deffecating matter / poop / caca, serves only to decry my simple humanity as all of us share that condition, except for the holy souls blessed by the Pope who think their shit don't stink.
Glad to see we think more alike than we care to admit. Yes I will bring you some clips.
God loves laughter..... ha, ha, ha.
Vicasoto

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are all right! :)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Poop deck

Victor,
You do know why they called it the 'poop' deck; cause that is where it happens.

That and 'don't spit into the wind' are all I know about sailing.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello Don:
I love reading about naval things too, but I am a comfirmed land sailor, no dang boats for this kid, frigging Jaws has my name and am not about to be dinner for the SOB, love sea food and girl watching on the beach but no water for me above my toes.
Vicasoto

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is especially good thinking for Commiefornia where we have so many sewage spills into the ocean - yuck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts