Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to even get near a Japanese Training rifle for less than 200.00 lately.Heck not even a plain one with no markings on receiver.Finally I was lucky and was the winning bid on gunbroker for this T-38/Hanyang training rifle.I was the only bid for 100.00 and then there was 30.00 Shipping..It has the cast long triggerguard to fill in where the Hanyang mag asssy went.Handguard is held on by 2 brass nails and the lower band.There are traces of orginal Chinese SN on Receiver.Buttstock seems quite long,longer LOP than T-38 or T-99.Missing cleaning rod end.Bolt is very hard to work,and it dosent cock,so you couldnt use blank ammo if you wanted to.I may try to figure out what is wrong with the bolt to see if I can get it to work.Either way I cant get one at a show these days for 130.00

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
That's about right. A few months ago, I couldn't give my trainers away. Now they're bringing good money.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,It is the 2nd one I have seen in 10 years in my neck of the woods.I have seen Dozens of the "Regular" t-38 training rifles and was even able to get a Remington 91 Mosin nagant converted into a trainer.It is always a regional thing. The first conversion I saw 10 years ago was a german 88 converted and still had most of the markings left on the receiver ring.I was even able to find a t-99 short rifle trainer for a friend of mine who had a more extensive collection of Japanese firearms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts