Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Won these the other day. A couple of nice shots of T-11s. They haven't arrived yet.
Interesting shot of a rifle rack behind the soldier seated at the desk. Looks like a T-38 behind him.
Any ideas on what the arm band signifies?

·
Copper Bullet member
306 Posts
"The 3 band sleeve sock is the orderly room for the day dummy, don't he loop spiffy, has to be the 1930s just by the style of uniform. :)
Vicasoto"

Oh, I see. Thought it was two band/stripe, was writing my response at the same time.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was watching those photos. Can't recall why I didn't bid higher on them. I like the fact the T11 in the first photo has the seldom seen forestock.
That's actually an asbestos lined leather grip that pivots down at the forward end when not being held to allow cooling. I've never seen one of those grips anywhere but in original photos.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting how the type 11s are stored without slings or the protective sleeves. Nice photos Rob.
Interesting point. And, the one in the rack doesn't have the leather/asbestos grip attached as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.