Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, me and Bcass and JoeF and some other kids I don't know ransacked the 'cuse show today. Anybody who couldn't make it today, it's well worth going back tomorrow.

There were lots of M-44s, and lots of Yugo SKSes, less M-1s than usual, and less black plastic in general. Several good tables of neat stuff, but mostly the usual vendors with new stock, not new faces with completely new stuff.

Strangely, quite a few modest-condition modest-price semirares like Persian Mausers, Gew 88s, Lebels, and the like. One guy had a pair of Tula SKSes, a '52 stamped matching and '50 matching but EP'ed mag, for $300+25tax. Shoulda, but didn't.

I did see one really neat Mosin. It was a .30-06 Westinghouse with the set-back barrel and a chopped stock... But with not just a 1903 front sight, but a 1903 rear sight too! $75 was the asking price, and I almost did it, but decided better... I have plenty of M-91s and as neat as it was, right now I'm pressed for space.

I mostly dabbled in snagging a long quillback Gew98 bayonet for $50, a speckly Beech M1 stockset for $55 (which I now think might be for a Beretta... oops), a M-95 Steyr-Mannlicher bayo for $25 (!), and some odds and bobs.

Then on the way out, I saw a 91TS Carcano Carbine with the sideways bayonet lug for a hundred bucks, and that came along.

Then, I saw this T-38 carbine.

Cost me $370. Worth it.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Wow, sounds like a great show. I would have picked up the Mosin, as I want a "Bannerman" wallhanger. Thanks for the report.

·
Administrator
59,120 Posts
I picked me up a Star BM in 98% conditon at a very reasonable price and it was the only one in the whole place. I'm a happpy camper

·
Registered
589 Posts
Syracuse Gun Show

Vaarok,

I was there in the morning. I was tempted by a Dragunov (or Romanian equivalent) for $895. Went back half hour later and it was gone. It was a pretty good show. I did get me some Barnaul .223 62 gr SP and some 20 and 30 round AR mags. One guy had 20 round USGI AR mags for $10 each. Lots more SKS's and MN's than I expected. Plenty of different Mausers spread out over the show too. A pretty good show. Next weekend it is pretty much repeated only two miles from my house.

·
Registered
15 Posts
gaweidert,

I just got this from century and thought you might be interested.

RI1439-NC Romanian Dragunov Semi-Auto Rifle Cal. 7.62X54R w/ Scope & Extra Magazine Condition New w/ Cracked Stock $649.87 each

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am not that close but it certainly is close for me as well. My son can't make Saturday so we will check it out Sunday.

·
Gold Bullet Member
148 Posts
Rochester Gun Show

I'll be going. gaweidert, what type of hat will you be wearing at this show? I'll be coming from Bushnell's Basin.

greyhair

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'll wear my camo baseball cap with Rochester Brooks Gun Club written on it. It will also have an orange clay beging broken by some shot on the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts