Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across a sword today, (sorry no pics) it had a rooster stamped near the hilt. It had a basket hilt with about 3- 1/4" thick brass pieces to the basket, and "32" stamped on one of them. The blade was curved, and the scabbard was some kind of metal (overpainted with aluminum it looked like) with two rings and a protective piece of flat metal around the tip. It also looked like it was sharpened with a grinder and some kids played sword fight with it (the blade had chunks taken out).

Anyone provide an ID?

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
David. I have seen the rooster mark, but can't place it. My books are still packed up. Sounds like a three-wire guard, similar to the US 1840-60? What is the grip material? If it's pretty crude looking, could be Chinese officer's variant? Not much info to go on. Try to get some pictures. M.P.:)

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David. I have seen the rooster mark, but can't place it. My books are still packed up. Sounds like a three-wire guard, similar to the US 1840-60? What is the grip material? If it's pretty crude looking, could be Chinese officer's variant? Not much info to go on. Try to get some pictures. M.P.:)
Swords aren't my thing, but it was on a neighbor's wall and they let me take a look at it. The grip is black leather wrapped with brass thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.