Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold and snowy. Perfect time to fondle some Swedes. These are my three carbines, all 94/14's. Not able to find wood and hardware for two of them or unwilling to pay a kings ransom for same. Whichever you choose.

So, I turned into a minor bubba I guess but they look nice, have not been altered and are great to shoot. Just acquired the synthetic stock from a board member and it is a perfect fit. I have had the one placed in the Fajen stock for a while. Just incredible wood on that one. I have to admit to having refinished that stock but can't be faulted for that as "original" means nothing for a sporter stock.

Then there is the correct one. Not all matching and has definitely been refurbished at some time or other. And..........it has the requisite SA stamp to boot. Thanks for taking a look at them.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I've got a 94 bbl'd action D&T'd that I rescued from a pawn shop. Otherwise unmolested. Waiting to get enough time to mate it to a M38 stock and alter it into a police carbine style. This will involve a good bit of wood work and fitting. Stock shortened and bands/springs moved. I picked up a NOS M94 handguard a few years back and that should be drop-in. Cleaning rod will have to be shortened too. Got to make a scraper to re-cut the finger grooves as well.

·
Gold Bullet member
9,497 Posts
While I don't endorse "Bubba" I do endorse reversible "adaptations" that keep an old classic still in the game. I have two Swiss K31's in after-market stocks because the original wood is warped.

And like "Dallesd" I shoot one of my M96's and an M38 with the NDT BadAce scope mount. No permanent harm done, and prolonged range life is the result.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I purchased Swede m94 & m94-14 stocks with metal here. They weren’t cheap but I purchased two sporter m94/94-14 barreled receivers. Luckily bubba didn’t hurt them. I have two awesome looking Swedes now. It cost me to reassemble them but I beat bubba. You can find stocks on eBay. Change your wording on your search. One search doesn’t always list everything. There is one guy offering new reproduction stocks. Prices do vary on these. Checkout eBay.

I did find a strange Swede stock I thought it’s a m38. But it has shorter finger grooves like a m94. But bubba shortened the stock a few inches. I think I can rework this stock close to a m94 stock. Just trying to save another one. I’ll hunt with this one.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,684 Posts
Got this
Bubba'ed m/94 sporter with Williams peep sight sight . Plugged the two holes . Stock was butchered beyond repair . I had a nice walnut stock set to put it in . "SA" stamped receiver . Extension was welded on with no counterbore . I filed it down to the original length where it was work hardened from welding . Still better than an extension .
Worth saving in my opinion ! Know way of knowing how many were "SA" stamped ????????????

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,684 Posts
There were around 1,000 m/94's in Finland , plus or minus . I have recorded 14 "SA" marked carbines in the USA from collectors & all dated 1918 . I suspect they may have been new in the crate when sent to Finland .

·
Gold Bullet member
9,497 Posts
I have a hard spot for my 94s
View attachment 3794322
re your Mosin Nagants: if you store your rifles with the bolt opened I recommend that you uncock the striker. Grasp the bolt handle and with the other hand twist the cocking piece/safety knob to the right. you can easily recock it by reversing the procedure. This is how the Finnish Army stored their MN's.

It is correct to open the MN's bolt for prolonged storage. The bolt body is eccentric and is a cam that presses on the combined ejector/magazine interrupter. If stored with the bolt closed, the ejector/interrupter is under constant spring tension and will fatigue over time.

None of this applies to the Swedish Mauser.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
re your Mosin Nagants: if you store your rifles with the bolt opened I recommend that you uncock the striker. Grasp the bolt handle and with the other hand twist the cocking piece/safety knob to the right. you can easily recock it by reversing the procedure. This is how the Finnish Army stored their MN's.

It is correct to open the MN's bolt for prolonged storage. The bolt body is eccentric and is a cam that presses on the combined ejector/magazine interrupter. If stored with the bolt closed, the ejector/interrupter is under constant spring tension and will fatigue over time.

None of this applies to the Swedish Mauser.
Ahhh. Those polish M44s. Actually need to get rid of those... not really my wheelhouse... they take up space..

·
Silver Bullet member
440 Posts
Had a Polish carbine, brand new.
Groove diameter was .318....almost an 8mm
🙃

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.