Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,820 Posts
Unfortunately the link is broken so cant try to answer your question. OK to link to live auction because of educational reasons. Please read "Forum rules" (sticky).
Regards,
ARILAR:)

· Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,842 Posts
I have not seen any Swedish sniper with a legit pistol grip . These can be added by anyone . They were more for the FSR . This one looks like the owner smoothed up & rounded the edges of a pistol grip . Could be legit & modified or civilian made ? One of our members was making them at one time & selling them here .

· Registered
1,623 Posts
I believe it's the same rife as in your pictures, Deutsche.

Kenny Wasserburger
Did not see the auction but I can give some background on the rifle . It was purchased years ago by a Navy Seal corpsman friend who was attached to my Marine Recon unit. He had purchased it from SARCO and it was hand selected .I swapped him a Steyr SSG that he wanted for it .I sold the rifle right after I did my 20 about 7 years ago or so . The pistol grip was definitely on the rifle when my friend (now deceased) purchased it from SARCO.IIRC I sold this rifle to a dealer at the Missoula County Fairground gun show in 07 or 08

· Registered
51 Posts
Did not see the auction but I can give some background on the rifle . It was purchased years ago by a Navy Seal corpsman friend who was attached to my Marine Recon unit. He had purchased it from SARCO and it was hand selected .I swapped him a Steyr SSG that he wanted for it .I sold the rifle right after I did my 20 about 7 years ago or so . The pistol grip was definitely on the rifle when my friend (now deceased) purchased it from SARCO.IIRC I sold this rifle to a dealer at the Missoula County Fairground gun show in 07 or 08
Boy, I missed that one :)
Don of Huson

9,842 Posts
Add on Pistol Grip

Here is a tech order for the add on pistol grip , dated 15 Dec. 1967 , for the m/96 and m/96b rifles .

No mention of sniper use . The grip shown on the sniper above does not look correct versus the tech order . My guess it was probably modified & added by a Swedish or American civilian . SARCO may have bought it in a lot of civilian rifles . Importers add things to increase sales appeal .

I doubt this pistol grip was military in origin ?

Here are 2 photos of an original pistol grip as shown in the tech order .

Attachments

9,842 Posts
It may have been like the one in the tech order , but someone rounded off all the corners , or a civilian made version . I would not base my purchase on the pistol grip being original to the sniper rifle .

9,842 Posts
That is a record of $4,125 for a m/41b sniper !!!!!!!!!!! Previously , two sold in the $3,500 and $3,700 range a year or so ago .

I still think the pistol grip was worked on by Bubba , either in Sweden or the USA . Anyway , a $100/$150 item at most . So , $3,900 for the sniper . It is a beauty !!!!!!!!!

· Silver Bullet Member
3,266 Posts
A well worded description helped the sale, this seller really heaped it on. Did anyone notice in the seller's description of the rifle he contradicted himself by first stating he had never shot the rifle but later on he was telling how he had shot the rifle with 5 different kinds of 6.5x55 ammo and all shot under an inch. He went on to state that he had shot this rifle at 1000 yards in upstate Pa and that this rifle, with Swedish M41 ammo, will hit center mass of a USMC military target with ease. Another thing noticed was the brass disk had an arrow pointing at the number 2 for bore corrosion, not that a number 2 barrel won't shoot lights out. Personally $4125 is about $1500 more than I would have paid for it but I'm also a German cheapskate.

Quite a nice little bidding war the last few minutes too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.