Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up today at a show in Fredericksburg,VA. for $155.The bolt knob and floorplate match.The bore is beautiful.Has two notches cut into the stock and handguard just in front of the rear band.The receiver tang is blank.Notice what the tag reads.Not a bad price for an M39.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Beautiful gun and you stole it, too!:thumbsup:

The other day, I was in my neighbor's gravel pit, shooting one of my PU snipers. One of the guys from the company hauling gravel pulls up and asks, "Is that an M1?".

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,597 Posts
My M28 was listed as a Mauser in an online estate auction. Mind you, so was everything else with a wood stock and a bolt action.

I was shooting an FN49 one day when a guy asked how I had fitted a magazine to my Garand.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Gotta love those sellers that don't know what they have!! Last December I bought a 1943 Tikka M-91 at an auction, the auctioneer announced that this gun is "unknown and we think it's a 7.92 caliber", I won it with a bid of $135!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Picked this up today at a show in Fredericksburg,VA. for $155.The bolt knob and floorplate match.The bore is beautiful.Has two notches cut into the stock and handguard just in front of the rear band.The receiver tang is blank.Notice what the tag reads.Not a bad price for an M39.
Isn't it a Finnish Sako m39... could have sweedish steel, but Sako's are from Finnland eh?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
Isn't it a Finnish Sako m39... could have sweedish steel, but Sako's are from Finnland eh?
I think the OP was poking some humor at the fact that the seller didn't really know what he had...just sayin'...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.