Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
I see that I was not the only one who e-mailed him. Not that it seems to have done much good.

He added this to his ad...

"To date I have had about 10 mails with as many different opinions as to what this rifle actually was made for so you will be required to make your own opinion on that."

Makes me wonder how you could have 10 opinions about what a M-96 rifle was made to do...???

·
Premium Member
105,718 Posts
I see that I was not the only one who e-mailed him. Not that it seems to have done much good.

He added this to his ad...

"To date I have had about 10 mails with as many different opinions as to what this rifle actually was made for so you will be required to make your own opinion on that."

Makes me wonder how you could have 10 opinions about what a M-96 rifle was made to do...???

For all we know, he thinks that thing gives uberfast enema deposits. But alas, I was one who emailed him as well. He never even sent me a reply. Go figure.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,660 Posts
There must be a reason that we have to suffer fools like this so frequently.

At the least he's misrepresenting this m/96 as being threaded for a suppressor. That, as we know, is patently false, untrue, a lie.

We've tried educating idiots before. It brings little satisfaction, very little satisfaction. But there is one thing we can take comfort in and that's the fact that this forum has a large enough following that word tends to get out when there's something as entertaining as this one. Its not that its so exciting but it is a little fun pointing a finger at the fool. Some of us are easily entertained (myself included).

Dutchman

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sniper rifle? You darn right!

Evidently there aren't as many fools out here as we would think.
$271.00 is more than I would pay for this rifle, though some would pay that.

I have a tough time trying to wrap my brain around the prices some want for their stuff nowadays.
For example. If I sold one of my Swedes for $250.00 what could I buy? I might be able to purchase someones decent O3 A3 Springfield, if I added two or three hundred to it.
And I like the Swedes a lot more. Value is subjective. Swede rifles click and clack a lot neater than most any rifle. The 98 Mauser, the Mosin Nagant, and most all the other milsurps are production battle rifles. The Swedes are Masterpieces. Oh the Swiss rifles are good too, and look what they are selling for.:)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am one of the ten or so folks who wrote to him to try to inform him of what he was selling. Part of his reply is:

"I don't believe the theory of "wooden blanks" as anyone that could build a rifle of this quality could not be so stupid as to think wooden bullets would not be deadly."

Oh well, I tried.

·
Registered
222 Posts
swede sniper?

I just have to pass on another good one that I saw last year.

A very large (and thought to be reputable) surp dealer in FL had some Swiss K-31s posted for sale online last year. Their advertisement bragged about the heavy and strong harwood stock (apparently not to be confused with the softwood, weak models). Anyway, they went on to state that the soldiers who used the rifles in WWII used to sneak into enemy camps at night and club the enemy in the head with the strong stock.

I never knew that the Swiss had enemies in WWII or even fought. I never emailed them, I just got a good laugh and let them embarrass themselves.

·
Registered
950 Posts
He is back at it again, by listing another M-96B as a sniper. I even went so far as to send the guy photos of the blank firing adapter and a page explaining its use. What a yahoo...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.