Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to buy one of these in a couple of weeks. The shop has several for sale, what to look for? TULA manufacture? C on right side of receiver, serial number range? any other markings etc? thanks

·
Gold Bullet member
14,176 Posts
Canadian store, so not suspicious , I think this out fit imported a whack of SVT's, they were selling them in case lots.
He must have dug through a lot of cases and put the occasional sniper aside. I would have to look back at the numbers but production wise snipers where near 1% of production.

Anybody remember the total SVT40 production number?

·
Administrator
19,289 Posts

Mike when SOG had the SVTs I was able to find one or two in several crates before they figured out what they were. They had maybe 50+ in their lots.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,176 Posts

Mike when SOG had the SVTs I was able to find one or two in several crates before they figured out what they were. They had maybe 50+ in their lots.
Hi Vic. Hope you and yours are well.

Yea I know the sniper production numbers but not the total SVT numbers off top of my head. Could be 2-3% were snipers, but odds are a dealer with a bunch of snipers is suspect IMO.

I may recall incorrectly but I think some "snipers" came into Canada about 5 years ago with scopes and mounts. The mounts were not original. I wonder if these could be part of that shipment.??? They were appaently not original snipers but had a notch. I suspect Canada is not immune from fakes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they looked authentic to me

Saw 4, lots of cosmoline still on them, part of a huge refurb shipment, One just sold before I got there, 1941 TULA CB877, had C on right side of receiver , old style suppressor and front swivel, several stock repairs. Saw two with HB , I think it was a B, maybe that Russian letter that looks like 2 k's back to back,1942 TULAs, one serial number was 110 the other one was low 1000s, newer 4 slot flash hiders.They rushed me in examining them since I had already picked the one I wanted. I will tell a little about it but want to do pics and try a do a proper report later today. It is an 1941 TULA, HA in correct serial range 9xx, has "C" on receiver, buttstock and forearm, oldstyle flash hider.They appear to have several more snipers and indicated that had not unpacked all the crates. They are selling them as they come across them, dribbling them out 1 or 2 at a time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.