Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a nice lookin svt and was wondering a few things. The reason I purchased it (theres no real shortage of SVT's in the great white north) was because it peaked my interest for several reasons.

1st of all the bolt carrier didnt look gold or plumb like the refurbs mostly are. The seller also told me that its all stamped matching (except the mag which has no number). It has an AVT stock on it and one thing which puzzles me is the fact that the bolt carrier is blued (looks like bubba but im not sure) Im wondering if this could possibly be a non refurbed gun even though it looks too clean to be so and sports an AVT stock. If not, do refurbed SVT's exist that werent electro pencilied?

Heres some pics:

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
That is an interesting one. It seems to have no characteristics that point to a Soviet refurb or a Finn-captured piece. It's pretty late for a Finn capture, too.

The lack of shellac and EP makes me think it's not a refurb. Does it have import marks? Is the gas regulator Finn-modified?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is an interesting one. It seems to have no characteristics that point to a Soviet refurb or a Finn-captured piece. It's pretty late for a Finn capture, too.

The lack of shellac and EP makes me think it's not a refurb. Does it have import marks? Is the gas regulator Finn-modified?
I doubt it has import marks, nothing in canada does. As for the gas reg, I dont know, didnt think to ask. The rifle should arrive early next week though and at that point ill really be able to examine her and post more pics...

·
Registered
845 Posts
8MM...this topic was discussed at some length recently...it seems there are non-electropencilled 1943 Tulas with all AVT features...no typical rearsenal marks...look closely at the LH side of the buttstock, and see if there is a prominent vertically oriented S/N, and a faint, horizontally oriented matching number...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8MM...this topic was discussed at some length recently...it seems there are non-electropencilled 1943 Tulas with all AVT features...no typical rearsenal marks...look closely at the LH side of the buttstock, and see if there is a prominent vertically oriented S/N, and a faint, horizontally oriented matching number...

Found your post, I guess it makes sense then, mind you, the rifle I bought doesnt seem to sport any shellac which is odd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts