Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So went to the range and tried her out. Really accurate rifle...even though I was at a indoor range that went out to 50 feet. Only problem I ran into was it was stuck on the 1.5 setting for gas adjustment valve and it ejected out rounds really hard...some even bounced off the wall next to me and hit me in the head a couple of time and threw bass across the room! Ill take it apart and try and fix that. Besides that its a very accurate rifle and I would take it deer hunting.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Sport venue Shooting range Recreation Shooting sport Shooting

It really chopped up the spent brass. When I was testing it out on if it could cycle ammo from the mag to the chamber,it pulled the actual bullet off on two rounds. You can see on the picture of the spent brass next to the round it really scratched it up.

Auto part Metal
Ammunition Bullet Gun accessory Brass Metal

·
Registered
625 Posts
"When I was testing it out on if it could cycle ammo from the mag to the chamber,it pulled the actual bullet off on two rounds. "
This would indicate a tight fit for the 7.7mm (.303) rounds in a rifle originally chambered for 7.62mm......wonder if this is why your gas pressure is so high??? I know I sometimes reload .312 diameter bullets (.303) for some of my mosins that slug over .311, but the beating your brass is taking would concern me. Nice grouping though!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"When I was testing it out on if it could cycle ammo from the mag to the chamber,it pulled the actual bullet off on two rounds. "
This would indicate a tight fit for the 7.7mm (.303) rounds in a rifle originally chambered for 7.62mm......wonder if this is why your gas pressure is so high??? I know I sometimes reload .312 diameter bullets (.303) for some of my mosins that slug over .311, but the beating your brass is taking would concern me. Nice grouping though!
Thanks for the info. If you notice the line of shells I took a picture of, it got better with each shot for ejecting it somehow.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
makes me wonder if your gas valve is lined up right... I have never seen brass like this out of mine and I have shot the same PPU you have in a picture, besides commercial Wolf, S&B... Check your gas valve and make sure its set up right (holes line up vs being in between or obstructed). 1.3 is good enough for me for everything/anything I put thru it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
makes me wonder if your gas valve is lined up right... I have never seen brass like this out of mine and I have shot the same PPU you have in a picture, besides commercial Wolf, S&B... Check your gas valve and make sure its set up right (holes line up vs being in between or obstructed). 1.3 is good enough for me for everything/anything I put thru it.
I cant get it to budge at all. Any advice to get it to move?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Don't take offense but when I got my first SVT many years ago I didn't know you had to loosen the knurled not at the end of the gas tube in order to reset the gas valve. So I couldn't get the gas valve to move either until I took off the upper hand guard. I don't know if the set up is the same on the Mohawk SVT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.