Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SVT-40 has a good stock which doesn't appear to be either damaged or repaired.

Nonetheless, the stock appears to me to be awfully "slim" and I am somewhat concerned about its longevity.

Is there anyone presently making a walnut replacement stock for this rifle?

I have not been able to find one, although I hope you who are more knowledgeable than I am might know of a source.

Many years ago, I bought a replacement stock for a 1917 Eddystone Enfield that needed final finishing by myself.

Also, is the Faejan (sp?) stock company still in business?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,141 Posts
SVT 40 Stock

Numrich / e-gunparts still has them listed as available. They have been pretty reliable for SVT parts in the past. Best to call and specify that you want the "best". Also, if you are concerned with parts breakage, get yourself a extractor, firing pins, etc..

·
Administrator
19,278 Posts
Numrich has not had SVT stocks or handguards for years. A replacment made for you will run anywhere from 125.00 to 225.00 I would guess. Go check out the SVT section ar mosinnagant.net for more info and pictures.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I ordered and received a stock from Numrich a few weeks ago, it wasn't the greatest, and I am eventually going to have a few replica stocks made.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Though not about a new made walnut stock, didn't Sarco have some replacement stocks?
Of course, speaking of slim stocks, obviously you don't have an AVT heavier duty wide pistol grip style stock, probably true it could possibly crack up later, so many have.

I saw a beautiful work of art speaking of new made stocks, a feller at the gunshow was showing off a cnc machined aluminum hunting rifle stock with action installed, done with a computerized machine and it has tested fine, nicely polished and some sort of protective coating applied over it, probably could see this hunting rifle for miles out in the woods if the light was right. Man, wouldn't that be cool for an SVT! Guy was freom out of town, and just a hobbyist, so oh well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
hunt around and find a AVT stock for it.

sorry, i just notice that andgun just posted it.

7 Posts
My SVT-40 has a good stock which doesn't appear to be either damaged or repaired.

Nonetheless, the stock appears to me to be awfully "slim" and I am somewhat concerned about its longevity.

Is there anyone presently making a walnut replacement stock for this rifle?

I have not been able to find one, although I hope you who are more knowledgeable than I am might know of a source.

Many years ago, I bought a replacement stock for a 1917 Eddystone Enfield that needed final finishing by myself.

Also, is the Faejan (sp?) stock company still in business?
Actually I found a small business called prestigious wood stocks that sells these. If you were looking to invest in some good quality parts I'd recommend them. Still working on my svt- 40 for fitting up the action but all in all, the stock I got is solid walnut and cleaned up very nice. Will be looking for more stocks from these guys in the future.

7 Posts
Actually I found a small business called prestigious wood stocks that sells these. If you were looking to invest in some good quality parts I'd recommend them. Still working on my svt- 40 for fitting up the action but all in all, the stock I got is solid walnut and cleaned up very nice. Will be looking for more stocks from these guys in the future.
I had noticed a lot of gun stock companies don't add material for working - so the extra material to work with was greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here is one of the options. About $200 shipped from Russia. Takes about 3 weeks to get to the states. Just make sure that these guys will write your address exactly right on the parcel. May require little modifications to fit your rifle.

Walnut SVT-40 rifle stock
Wood Hardwood Composite material Automotive exterior Bumper

Wood Hardwood Art

1 - 10 of 10 Posts