Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 60 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont think there is a C on the receiver but i will check, i had these photos on my phone and i am at work so i will have to photo the side and the notch, no knowing much years ago i bought it based on the rifle condition and lack of import marks and the fact that the mount (i thought was original), I hold an FFL and had one of the SOG rifles from 94 in my stuff, started out buying the mount and ended up with the whole rifle. someday hoped to do a semi-auto sniper display of it with my M1's and a G43 (that never happened..LOL) anyway here is what i have. DSC02218.jpg DSC02216.jpg DSC02217.jpg DSC02215.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
as far as I remember everything was numbered to the rifle except the mag, which had another rifle number and x2 on it which I guessed was the spare mag for another rifle. although I have not disassembled it in years. thanks to all for the information.

·
Registered
358 Posts
new SVT sniper

I have a SVT TULA 1941,HA 9xx, C on left side of receiver, C on forearm, AVT stock, serial number stamped on trigger guard ( heavy trigger guard), older style flash suppressor. Tried to post pictures but I think the files are too big.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,511 Posts
Ratnik, thanks for the awesome pictures. There are some new ones there I have never seen. Man Russian sniper rifles are cool.
Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Many serial numbers were added to the list from mounts. 80% of them were in relic condition. So I think it guarantee originality
Here are 2 new serials - СЖ816 and СА1488
Interesting observation - relic mounts are much more common than relic sniper SVT's. Maybe that's why they are so rare nowdays

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
For your records I have SVT-40 dated 1941, B536, all matching (not forced) including scope mount which is well proofed in very good condition although the stock has been sanded lightly with the only remaining mark a Star on the right side of the butt. Scope bears a different serial number. Mint bore and shoots very well. Just shot it along with a G43 for comparison and I preferred the SVT, lighter and just as powerful. Both would ding the 600 yard gong with regularity.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
For your records I have SVT-40 dated 1941, B536, all matching (not forced) including scope mount which is well proofed in very good condition although the stock has been sanded lightly with the only remaining mark a Star on the right side of the butt. Scope bears a different serial number. Mint bore and shoots very well. Just shot it along with a G43 for comparison and I preferred the SVT, lighter and just as powerful. Both would ding the 600 yard gong with regularity.
What is the first letter of serial number prefix?
Can you post photos? All matching sniper SVT's (with mount) before were observed only in museums

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Wow! Congratulations! Unique rifle - first known to me non-museum all matching example of SVT sniper rilfe!
Many collectors are opposite to pictures of original notches for mount pin in receiver, so it will be better if you remove that picture (1 post, 5th picture)

41 - 60 of 281 Posts